Proper introduction

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper introduction

Hey guys,

I'm Dan. I just got my '06 Kat 750 with 5500 miles (and an excellent sounding yoshi exhaust) home on Sunday afternoon, upgraded from a '94 Yamaha Virago 750 (most of my friends ride sportier bikes, and my little cruiser wasn't cutting it). My only introduction so far was unfortunately me begging for help on Monday after what turned out to be, completely unexpectedly, a bad battery, so here I am with a proper hello.

I paid $3k and she came with a really nice tank bag. She seems to be in great condition and I think I got very lucky. I'm quite pleased. As far as I can tell she's never been down at all, just some scuffing on the right hand mirror and a few surface scratches - otherwise she's in great shape.

This is us, with me wearing completely awesome boots that don't match at all.

And here is some dancing bacon, because bacon and bikes go together like milk and cookies.
    Last edited by WebDevDan; 12-22-2011, 11:16 AM. Reason: Pic's too big
    2006 Katana GSX750F

xDDDD Love the last sentence..

Welcome man~ Enjoy the Kat and enjoy the sportier bike... And here's a dancing devil, because he DEFINITELY goes with sport bikes...

Comment

Welcome to KR, Dan. I've got the same mount as my daily commuter.
      2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
      2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by diavolo View Post
        Welcome to KR, Dan. I've got the same mount as my daily commuter.
        That's basically the idea for this, unfortunately it's only a 6 mile ride down the road to work. Makes for a lot of me going "out of my way" to actually enjoy the ride.
        2006 Katana GSX750F

Comment

Welcome to KR! What did you do with your cruiser?
          sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
          1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
          2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
          First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
          Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaGSX92 View Post
            Welcome to KR! What did you do with your cruiser?
            Craigslist. Only got like $1500 for it, but it'd fallen and the tank had a repair that the paint was peeling on, an oil leak, some rusty bits, and various other decidedly "meh" things. I was asking $1800 (what I bought it for), but I think $1500 was fair. I still have a box of parts like the original sissy bar, handlebars, and some turn signals that the guy hasn't called me back to get yet. I give him another week then sell some stuff on ebay for a few bucks.
            2006 Katana GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by WebDevDan View Post
              That's basically the idea for this, unfortunately it's only a 6 mile ride down the road to work. Makes for a lot of me going "out of my way" to actually enjoy the ride.
              You'll quickly learn to take the long way home! Welcome to the KR family.
              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
              ------------------------------------------
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Welcome aboard
                1997 KAT 600 PROJECT

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                    2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Welcome to Kr

Comment

welcome , that looks like a sweet ride.
                        2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Welcome!! I have a 20 mile commute to work-and I still take the long way!
                          Still riding on back sissy girl???

Comment

Welcome to KR, Dan. Hope you got ridding gear to go with those boots
                            It's impossible to kill yourself on a kat right? right?

Comment

Originally posted by lou333 View Post
                              Welcome to KR, Dan. Hope you got ridding gear to go with those boots
                              Ah, those boots. My girlfriend made me get them... they're definitely something. Yeah, I have gear. I wasn't actually riding anything in that picture... the look of dismay on my face is because that was me rolling it backwards while I was fighting with what turned out to be a dead battery. That's the day I learned the term "Surface Voltage," and learned to hate it.
                              2006 Katana GSX750F

Comment

Working...
                              X