No announcement yet.
X

G'day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

welcome! i'm sure you'll be a great addition to the whacky characters here :P

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
      Nawwwwwwwwwwwwww....it's standard issue....all bikes come with them
      Hmm thats funny. I thought for sure those spare bolts where the reason for my tach falling off the bike today.

Comment

Welcome from the southern end of the state. Did some time in the pointy end including 3 years on Palm Island, so I enjoyed my R&R in Townsville.

Comment

Hey TRput, yeah its a pretty awesome place up here in Townsville, been here for nearly 2 years now and in OZ about 4 all together. Shame about the riding up here, very flat and too many wallabies about at dusk. The gillies range in Cairns is one awesome ride though. Any good routes down there, planning on getting down to brissy area early new year

Comment

Yeh - I expect you would have to head up the range to find some good bends - or the coast road north of Cairns "where the forest meets the sea" is pretty cool too.

Some OK roads out from Brisbane - Sunshine Coast Hinterland, Toowoomba range, and down south in the mountains behind the Gold Coast near the NSW border. I've got a few favourite back roads not far away that make for a nice full day ride.

But, the best rides are further south ... Gwydir Highway, Waterfall Way, Oxley Highway (all of which basically link the Pacific Highway with the New England Highway - and run over the Great Dividing Range in doing so! Oxley Highway rates in the top 3 in Oz and possibly the top 10 in the world! - more curves per km over more km than any other road in Oz), Thunderbolts Way and then The Bell Line west of Sydney or Putty Road.

I was supposed to have ridden these roads last month but my riding buddy pulled out at the last minute. Was rescheduled to do it again in 2 weeks, and he just pulled out again tonight!

Check this site out:

Last edited by TRPUT; 11-23-2011, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X