X

katana 600 into a 4wheeler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• katana 600 into a 4wheeler

Hi all from the "other 'cat" yzf600r forums! I have access to a katana 600 motor and I'm thinking of making a fun project this winter with a sport quad. Hopefully I'll be in here talking about all the problems I'll probably run into lol. A little about me: 21 years old on friday (in 2 days), put 13,000 miles on my 'cat over the past 2 years along with a complete motor rebuild last winter. I'm from South East Michigan.
    98 frame 04 motor yzf600r

Originally posted by yteka99 View Post
    Hi all from the "other 'cat" yzf600r forums! I have access to a katana 600 motor and I'm thinking of making a fun project this winter with a sport quad. Hopefully I'll be in here talking about all the problems I'll probably run into lol. A little about me: 21 years old on friday (in 2 days), put 13,000 miles on my 'cat over the past 2 years along with a complete motor rebuild last winter. I'm from South East Michigan.
    Welcome. I know of at least 2 'ace owners on here (myself included... mine is in pieces though), but no cats that I can recall.

Sounds like a fun project. Once you've got it all sorted out, you could swap in a 750 or 1100 without a problem (if you get the itch for more power), because they all mount exactly the same (welcome to the wonderful world of Suzuki).
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I'm having a few concerns about the power as it is lol I'm not sure if it's even do-able with snow yet. I know a 2 stroke quad didn't make it in the snow because all it did was spin and bury itself right away so I don't think more power would even be useful lol Plus 150mph on a quad would be sketchyyyyy being a young guy I know how that could more than likely end up.
      98 frame 04 motor yzf600r

Comment

Well, considering that a 600 Kat won't hit 150mph without assistance, your ability to do that on a quad is very doubtful. And I think you're right; more power will throw off the balance of the quad, and may even make it less capable as a 4-wheel vehicle. Still, it could be a fun project if you've got the time and the beans for it.

Welcome to KR!
        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome!!
          Still riding on back sissy girl???

Comment

hello, and welcome!

Comment

Welcome to KR!
              "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X