X

New from Missouri

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from Missouri

I picked up a 99 Katana 600 with 13k miles for $500. It's my first bike. Needs more work still, but it's nearly ride-able. I've purchased a seat, gas tank, petcock, fuel float, rear tire, chain/sprockets and other misc things. I'm waiting on a clutch/cable and sprockets right now. After that I just need riding gear and it's nearly ready.

I have some minor plans for the bike with winter right around the corner. I picked up an SV650 taillight because I absolutely hate the shape of the stock one. Also I'm going to use a set of digital gauges instead of stock.

Also ordered a front and rear sprocket from the KatRiders store, but haven't heard any word on it in about a week. Anyone know how I can contact someone regarding that?

Thanks for looking.

331228_200519223349486_100001742282457_470930_344994322_o.jpg

Welcome.

PM Steves about the sprockets. Not sure if he's handling the sales directly but if not, I'm sure he can give you a definitive answer.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

welcome

blue 2001 Katana 600 - Hindle slip on, Hole shot 5 degree ignition advancer

Comment

Welcome from Puerto Rico!

Comment

Welcome man! Nice to see another Missourian - from the state where baseball, and beer, is KING . What part of MO are you in?
          vwvortex.com : jettajake00
          midmoriders.com :jettajake00
          Go Cardinals!

Comment

Welcome to KR. Im just on the Illinois side of Cape Girardeau.
            If it aint broke fix it till it is

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Howdy and welcome!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Welcome!! Looks like u got a nice bike there!
                  Still riding on back sissy girl???

Comment

Thanks everyone!

@ jettajake00 and Mrclean81 - I'm between St Louis and Farmington. I'm hoping to have the bike finished before December. I'm not sure if either of you would be up for riding in the weather we get here, but I'd definitely be up for it in the Spring if you wanted to meet up sometime.

Received the new clutch/springs and clutch cable today. I'm still searching the forums to find exactly what I need for a carb rebuild. Carbs101/102 have been a big help.

Also, a big thanks to Steves for an update on the sprocket order.
                    Last edited by screamingsayonara; 11-10-2011, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Welcome from PA
                      Do the thing you fear most, and the Death of fear is most certain.

Comment

Welcome

Sucks that all you northerners are grounded for the winter. Gets a little chilly here but you can still ride year long.

Comment

Id definitely be up for some spring time riding. My bike will be getting torn down for a face lift very soon, so it will be out of commision until March or so. Its normally too cold to ride until April at least around here anyway. Ill drop you a pm later
                          If it aint broke fix it till it is

Comment

yeah I would be down to linkup for a spring ride(s)...just hit me up when time comes!
                            vwvortex.com : jettajake00
                            midmoriders.com :jettajake00
                            Go Cardinals!

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                              "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                              1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                              2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                              X