New here from Kentucky

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here from Kentucky

Hello everyone,

My name is Drew and I hail from Louisville, KY. Ol'Gregg refered me to this site. He got his Katana a few weeks ago on a trade and I got mine yesterday from a deal I just couldn't pass up.

A little bit about the bike: it's a 2002 Katana 600 that just rolled over 12,000 miles. This is the first bike I've owned, so I plan to learn a lot with it. There are a few items on my "to-do" checklist before I consider the bike in perfect running order. Most importantly is that the chain needs lubrication before I ride it again. Also the choke has some issues with the mechanical workings of the lever, so that will have to be addressed. Before I ride next I'll probably do a fresh oil & filter change while I'm at it. Cosmetically, it's a little worse. Needs a new right side lens for the front turn signal. It has no rear turn signals. And the seat fabric is pretty worn. Other than that, the bike is pretty sound. All minor things to fix, in my opinion.

And what's a intro thread without pictures?

This is the bike as pictured in the for-sale ad

This is the bike when I picked it up

And this is the bike with Ol'Greggs in the garage. We've got quite the collection going
    Attached Files

Welcome to KR, Drew.
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Where's the lower cowling?
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

MIA I suppose. The seller didn't have any spare parts for the bike.

Comment

Welcome!! Mine's missing the lower cowling too....on my list of winter projects.
          Still riding on back sissy girl???

Comment

Welcome to KR!
            "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
            1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
            2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Welcome to KR
              2005 Gsx600f- My baby
              1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
              Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

Welcome!
                =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome!
                  2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                  2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Welcome to the site and good luck with getting it back to tip top shape.
                    Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                      Bill
                      1989 Katana 600 Blue on Black
                      sigpic

Comment

Welcome from Puerto Rico

Comment

I do not know this person. He is lying. He is Canadian. He smells of old bacon and evergreen needles. Kinda weird.

I kid. Welcome pal
                          I got all things that are goowd

Comment

Fuzzy little man peach.
                            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                            Originally posted by soulless kaos
                            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Welcome from PA
                              Do the thing you fear most, and the Death of fear is most certain.

Comment

Working...
                              X