X

new iowan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new iowan

Jus got internet in the house. wohoo. just got my third 2000 kat 600 electric blue, (all three were that color), it needs some work but hopefully through here i can get er done and lookin clean, i need the small piece on top of the lights by the windscreen in the middle, some touch up paint and the bottom fairing, and then i can continue customizing, i like the mesh inside of the side fairings that looks cool and i look forward to plugging away at my bike, it has 20k on it but i hope to have it for a long time to come, as for my first couple bikes i was young and dumb as they say but with age comes wisdom and i had to go back to the basics and get another katana.

so my bikes up on the center stand and i turn the rear wheel around to circulate the oil a little after a change and hear the chain rubbing. i put my finger on the chain and push it down and turn the wheel a little and i was thinking the sprocket was back further. my finger gets caught in there and i had to reverse the wheel to get it out. I know know what fingernails are for. Also im thinking the rubbing is because the rear tire is off the ground and when its down like normal it prob wont rub. Anyways is it ok if i filled it up with the cheap stuff with ethanol in it? i put stabilizer and sea foam in it so it should be okay through the winter right?
    Last edited by plugger; 11-03-2011, 06:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Welcome to KR! I dont know anything about this " Winterizing" you speak of cause I'm in Cali... where we ride all year long ..not to rub it in or anything. lol! Again, Welcome!
    "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

welcome. you need to empty the carbs of gas. disconnect the fuel line and run till it quits. then remove the drain screws from the bowls to get any fuel left out. carbs winter better with no fuel in them.
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I'm gonna clean the carbs again, rejet and then leave it til april or may.
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR
          2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
          2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Welcome to KR!
            "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
            1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
            2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

welcome to KR

Comment

welcome to KR. OUCH to the finger!
                "Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

Comment

Welcome!!!!!

Comment

Welcome!!
                    Still riding on back sissy girl???

Comment

Nah im just gonna start it and let it warm up like once a month

Comment

Welcome aboard !!
                        Do the thing you fear most, and the Death of fear is most certain.

Comment

Welcome!
                          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome .

Comment

Working...
                            X