X

First time rider

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SweetT View Post
    Thanks for the welcome everyone! Like I said, I'm new to riding so just bear with me. I do hear the starter turning over, but thats all the response I get. I don't try too long, because I usually start hearing the battery drain with all the effort. I should have specified, it's not the idle adjustment screw, its located in a recess on the left side fairing. I will try to post pictures later today.
    That's the petcock. All the way back is the Prime setting. Down is on, forward is Reserve.

If your battery is that low, it most likely will need a charge and/or jump. Kat's hate anything but a strong battery.

Comment

Welcome from Ohio.

Comment

Thanks for that knowledge about the petcock, I'm slowly learning my way around the bike. I sent the battery to get charged today, so hopefully by tomorrow I will know if that was the main problem.

Comment

welcome
          2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Welcome!!!.. sounds like Petcok.. i'm sure you'll find your answer within!!
            My Ideal woman (Indigo Rose).... she's beautiful even whens she's dirty, she lets me ride her all day and doesn't complain, and when I touch her she always screams....
            sigpic

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by SweetT View Post
                Thanks for that knowledge about the petcock, I'm slowly learning my way around the bike. I sent the battery to get charged today, so hopefully by tomorrow I will know if that was the main problem.
                Exactly right. Get the battery fully charged and reinstalled. Make sure you've got at least half a tank of fresh gas. Turn the petcock to the rear and wait a couple of minutes for the carb bowls to fill up. Pull the choke lever all the way back, hold the clutch lever and hit the starter button. It should crank right up although if things are a little iffy it might take a couple of tries. As soon as it fires you know the carbs are primed and can turn the petcock back to ON. (Straight down.)

If it doesn't start right up then you've got dirty carbs. Pretty common for a used bike but a PITA.

Oh yeah, welcome!
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Been a while since I have been on... Got a new battery for my bike, but it still won't start. Please help!

Comment

Newbie Needs Help!

In my Quest to put my bike back on the road, I have been told that it might be because the stator is going bad that my bike will turn over, but it will not catch and fire up. Someone also mentioned to me that it may be the starter clutch. Im still learning the parts of the bike so I don't know what or where these parts are so that I can check them. Someone please school me!

Comment

Welcome to KR!!!!!

Comment

The starter turns but, the engine doesn't? That would be the start components. If the engine turns over then its either spark, fuel or both. check your plugs? smell fuel?
                        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran
                        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                          The starter turns but, the engine doesn't? That would be the start components. If the engine turns over then its either spark, fuel or both. check your plugs? smell fuel?
                          I pulled the plugs, turns out im not getting any spark from any of them. I even bought a new spark plug to make sure it wasn't just old plugs

Comment

Welcome to Kr!

Comment

Working...
                            X