X

new kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new kat

New to site and lovin it. Got a problem though just bought my second kat. 97 750 its got just over 23,000. It runs great except for there is a dead spot right when I begin to roll on the throttle. Its only dead for 1-2 seconds and then takes off like a champ. Its only when I accel after holding a constant speed. Also if it helps it idles and little ruff. Please help thanks!!!

Read carbs 101 my man... it will save your life! Flat splots are because of clogged or dirty, idle, pilot or main jets, depending on the rpm it occurs, also can happen if your floats aren't adjusted correctly, and a bunch of other things ... that are all corrected when you follow carbs 101

Welcome to KR!
    "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Welcome!
      Sounds like your carbs have fallen victim to neglect. Happens a lot when you buy an older bike. The seller lost interest a while ago and the bike's been sitting, letting fuel dry up in the carbs and form deposits all over the idle passages. You may be able to clean things up by running some Seafoam in a tank-full of gas. It's worth a try. If that doesn't work then you're looking at having to take the carbs apart and soak the crud out of them.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Welcome to KR!
        "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
        1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
        2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome from PA
            Do the thing you fear most, and the Death of fear is most certain.

Comment

welcome to KR!
              "Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

Comment

Welcome from Ohio.

Comment

Welcome!! I had issues with idle and such when I bought my 97 750 too, mine has 43,000! Cleaned the carbs really good and all the jets and ran some Seafoam and now she purrs. lol
                  Still riding on back sissy girl???

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                    2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Welcome!!!

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Working...
                        X