X

Hello

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello everyone, I have had my 89 GSX-F 600 for almost a year now. I paid $750 for it, it was street fighter style at time of purchase and still is. It runs but needs help.
    It is my understanding that my bike should be able to do 130mph I can only get it to do about 85-90 down hill, maybe 70mph up a hill. I suspect low compression and/or valves. I checked the gap on my plugs and they are good, the plug from chamber 3 was a little black where the core and arm are and the plug from chamber 4 was a little white on the same areas. I used sea foam as an additive to my gas to help clean the carbs, the carbs could be out of tune(I have no idea how to tune them).
    My plans are to fix it up and get it running just as good if not better then when it came off the line and sell it. I bought a wrecked 93 GSX-F all the fairings are in pretty good shape some of them have a few cracks. I plan to use the parts from the wrecked bike on my bike I have found not all the parts are interchangeable but $200 was a deal for just the fairings alone.
    I realized that this bike is a pretty good investment as long as I can get it running like it should.
    So that is pretty much my story with my Kat.

If any of you have any suggestions, comments, ideas and any kind of input that would be helpful, I would greatly appreciate it and welcome it.

Count the teeth on your sprockets, maybe someone changed them out to get the rpms down some, why they do this personally. Also go get a compression tester from harbor freight (about $20) or somewhere like that. It's an easy test and will tell you about your engines health.

Oh, and welcome to KR!!!
    Last edited by 5forty2; 10-12-2011, 12:23 AM.
    Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

Welcome to KR
      2005 Gsx600f- My baby
      1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
      Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KR! Good luck with the build.
            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
            ------------------------------------------
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Welcome!! So much info & good avvice here you'll have your bike running tops in no time!
                  Still riding on back sissy girl???

Comment

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes and thank you 5forty2 for the input, would you by chance know the thread size I would need for the compression tester?

Comment

This should do it.

Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome. .Welcome.. welcome.. This community is awesome!!
                          My Ideal woman (Indigo Rose).... she's beautiful even whens she's dirty, she lets me ride her all day and doesn't complain, and when I touch her she always screams....
                          sigpic

Comment

Welcome!
                            1992 Suzuki Katana 1127

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                              "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                              1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                              2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                              X