Hello from the great white north!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the great white north!

Hey all,

New member, new rider, etc. Picked up the Red Rider (2005 Kat 600) close to 2 weeks ago and I am immensely enjoying it.

The battery lasted through the test ride, so I had to spend a few days trouble shooting the battery, wouldn't charge so I have a brand new battery, she's riding great!

He also removed the baffles from the exhaust as a safety feature, but I'm not a fan of it, so I'm in the process of looking for a slip on system.

Does anyone have the mesh mod plus frame sliders (I currently have neither)? How do both mods look together?

Welcome to KR!, I haven't seen the two mods together before, but I'm sure it would look alright.
    "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Welcome aboard
      Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

I love the sound of the Scorpion slip on. Check it out on YouTube sometime.
          I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
          -Unholy m-
          Current project: Un-Katchable
          sigpic

Comment

Welcome, podnuh.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the KR family.
                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                ------------------------------------------
                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

good looking kat. welcome
                  2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                    “If you don’t like change, you will like being irrelevant even less.”
                    -Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld

2002 DRZ400E
                    1994 Katana 600

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Nice looking bike. I have a 750, how does it sound with the baffles out? I was thinking of pulling mine. Welcome to KR!
                        2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

welcome!
                          A fool can't act wise, but the wise can act a fool.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Originally posted by astevens54 View Post
                            How does it sound with the baffles out? I was thinking of pulling mine. Welcome to KR!
                            It sounds great at low RPMs, it's a LOUD throaty growl, but at highway speeds it's too high pitched of a (again loud) whine for me (I know this is a function of the engine, I'd just like to tone it down). If I were riding it anymore than to work and back, I'd want to wear hearing protection, that's how loud it is.

Comment

Originally posted by AK_Kat View Post
                              Thanks for the warm welcome!

It sounds great at low RPMs, it's a LOUD throaty growl, but at highway speeds it's too high pitched of a (again loud) whine for me (I know this is a function of the engine, I'd just like to tone it down). If I were riding it anymore than to work and back, I'd want to wear hearing protection, that's how loud it is.
                              welcome. the use of ear plugs is recommended by me. they cut down wind noise allow better concentration.
                              never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
                              X