X

New to me '92 Katana 750 Any Tips??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me '92 Katana 750 Any Tips??

I just got this bike this morning. I havn't riden it yet. It is my first street bike. I thought I would check out the forums first. Any tips?

Originally posted by ktamiya View Post
    I just got this bike this morning. I havn't riden it yet. It is my first street bike. I thought I would check out the forums first. Any tips?

New to you used bike. Sure, I would...

Remove all the plastics, set them to the side. Do a full inspection and cleaning on the bike. Learn now if the bike is missing bolts for things like the motor mount, etc.

Replace all fluids now.

Inspect the chain and sprockets for wear. Check the date codes on the tires. Make sure the brakes are in good condition (check pads, lines, master, etc..)

Make sure it has a good OEM and clean air filter, with the airbox. Make sure the gas tank has no rust.

This is of course, after you know it runs. If it doesn't start/run normally, might be a good time to fix that as well.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      New to you used bike. Sure, I would...

Remove all the plastics, set them to the side. Do a full inspection and cleaning on the bike. Learn now if the bike is missing bolts for things like the motor mount, etc.

Replace all fluids now.

Inspect the chain and sprockets for wear. Check the date codes on the tires. Make sure the brakes are in good condition (check pads, lines, master, etc..)

Make sure it has a good OEM and clean air filter, with the airbox. Make sure the gas tank has no rust.

This is of course, after you know it runs. If it doesn't start/run normally, might be a good time to fix that as well.

Krey
      +1

And welcome to KR!
      "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the site!

Comment

Welcome!
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KR!
            "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
            1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
            2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

welcome
              2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

And one more 'Welcome'!

+1 on what Kreylin said. Take some time to get to know your new bike. Stripping her down for a good cleaning is a terrific way to go about that.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

+1
                  Welcome from Ohio.

Comment

Got a 1990 750 kat here just a month or two ago as my first bike. I can relate to what you're thinking. Its a great bike though for a first choice as long as you're careful. Make sure you change your oil and be careful not to strip any bolts down there (steel bolts aluminum pan was a frustrating mistake for me to make). Keeping the plastics off for a bit would help too in case you drop it so you dont mess them up imho.

Comment

Welcome!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X