X

Chris's Newb introduction.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris's Newb introduction.

Hi folks, My name is Chris I am 28 years old and living in Ontario. I just recently picked up a 2005 Katana600 that has some hwy miles and has been sitting for two years.

This is my second bike and to be honest I was not planning on picking it up but the price was right and I wanted to try to build another bike because i had so much fun building my Cafe Racer.

The Kat has a few issues that i need to address before i decide if it is worth investing time into, like doing a compression test, there is some issues with the carbs, not sure were the problem lies but the bike starts easy with the choke on or off but will rev up (keeps bogging) unless the fuel tank is removed.

Here are a few pictures of my 77 RD400 with only 3k miles when it was salvaged from a barn.

And the Katana

Last edited by chris_E; 09-06-2011, 11:42 AM.

Welcome to the site. That RD looks awesome! What do you have planned for the Kat?
    Last edited by flipz34; 09-06-2011, 12:09 PM.
    “If you don’t like change, you will like being irrelevant even less.”
    -Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld

2002 DRZ400E
    1994 Katana 600

Comment

Welcome mate , the RD looks sweet now
      Toys.........
      1985 LT250 - modified
      1991 GSX750F - Doner for Bobber project
      2004 GSXR 1000 - stockish
      2000 Turbo Busa - very modified - now sold

Comment

Welcome to KR from Florida. Now, there's something you don't see much now of days. A bike with a kick starter... Great looking Yamaha.
        2014 Ducati Monster 1200
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Welcome!
          Still riding on back sissy girl???

Comment

Originally posted by flipz34 View Post
            Welcome to the site. That RD looks awesome! What do you have planned for the Kat?
            Thanks for the positive feedback! I did my best to restore the RD with a budget of 1k and i was able to just pull it off, well sort of haha.

I'm not 100% sure what the kat has in store? the fairings on the bike are in very poor shape with tons of cracks and deep scratches so unless I can find a donor i might be going for the naked/ street fighter look. I don't see me doing anything to the engine, Im not sure why but bikes scare me and my little RD is a blast to ride and has lots of power for my liking so i cant see me doing anything to this one either.

Originally posted by ofb View Post
            Welcome mate , the RD looks sweet now
            Thanks man, didnt know there was much love on here for the RD's

Originally posted by astevens54 View Post
            Welcome to KR from Florida. Now, there's something you don't see much now of days. A bike with a kick starter... Great looking Yamaha.
            Yeah I don't think there are much bikes on the road that are as simple and as easy to work on than the old two-strokes.

Comment

Welcome to KR!
              "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

pretty cool bikes man, welcome
                Sweet Lincoln's Mullet

Comment

welcome

blue 2001 Katana 600 - Hindle slip on, Hole shot 5 degree ignition advancer

Comment

Welcome to KR! Very clean bikes!
                    "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                    1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                    2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Welcome to KR
                      Really nice RD
                      2005 Gsx600f- My baby
                      1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
                      Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

Welcome from Ohio.

Comment

Welcome to the Kr family Chris.
                          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                          ------------------------------------------
                          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I like the yammie. I rode one of those in college. What did you pick up the Kat for?
                            sigpic
                            98 Katana 750 89 Katana 600
                            Corbin Gunfighter & Scorpion Pipe

Comment

Thanks again for all the hospitality!!!!

I literally picked the bike up for next to nothing, Helped some family move from Ottawa to Toronto with my pickup and 20ft trailer and in return they gave me the bike along with brand new matching jacket and helmets

I just had a close friend come by who painted the tank on the RD and he quoted me $600 to repair and paint the entire bike.

Is this a good deal or can i buy new fairings for the same price?

Comment

Working...
                              X