97 katana 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 katana 600

does anybody know whitch k&n individual air filters fit the 97 katana 600

Any website that sells them should be able to tell you which ones fit. That being said, k&n pods generally aren't the best idea unless you are experienced with tuning and jetting cv carbs. Do a search on here and you'll find out more about them and how much most of us hate them.
    Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

Welcome to KR... Save yourself a massive headache, don't run pod filters
      "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

It seems to be the consensus around here to just stick with the stock filter...

Comment

I've seen a slip in k&n filter and the externals that replace the air box. Is the replacement ok as far as a filter goes and not the pods?? or are both requiring tuning afterwards?? I actually started a thread on this to make it easier to follow and so others will see it too.

--Dan
          Last edited by Scalelover; 08-19-2011, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Both are crap
            Stick with oem filter. Any hi-flow filter screws with the back pressure the carbs need to work correctly.
            When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

yeah im goin to stick with the oem style air filter, with the stock box. i forgot with the individual air filters each carb would be tuned diffrent. not really worth all that trouble. thanks guys for looking out for my own good...

does anybody know what some kat riders are useing for the sidewinder pipe. seen a few 92s and a 96 with a sidewinder pipe put on. i just figured they were useing one from a 750 or doin custom. i got vance and hines supper sport exhaust. that things sings like crazzy.
              Last edited by 97gsx600katana; 08-22-2011, 12:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

yeee ive been reading all over no no no pods hehe, im gettin rdy to change oil myself so been lookin around a bunch
                2001 GSX600F

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                  "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                  1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                  2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

welcome to kr and good advice!!

blue 2001 Katana 600 - Hindle slip on, Hole shot 5 degree ignition advancer

Comment

Welcome.

And thanks for bringing up a subject I have thought about often but keep forgetting to search.

Comment

welcome

Comment

thanks for everybody welcomeing me in. i will get pics up soon. had to get all new plastics and redo alot of wireing. last owner was a retard and tried to wire strip neons to the bike threw the rear part of the wireing harness, and cut everything from the tail light back to the battery, said the bike kept falling over in his garage, and thats what caused the fairings to crack, funny things is ive had the bike since last summer lil over a year now and its sat in my garage and has never fell over, his must be haunted or something lol. will keep everybody up to date thow. i got new wind screen, all new fairings, new throttle cable it was broke but he diddnt know how, the dog probily ate it, got new clutch cable, all new rk sproket and chain kit, carbon fiber levers, green back lights for the speedo, fuel and rpm. goin to paint black with green suzuki graphics. goin to keep the vance and hines supper sport exhaust, sounds really nice, got stage 3 jet kit and re sink carbs, rebuilding the pet cock, drained the tank, new oil, oil filter, plugs, brakes, fluids, light bulbs, new mirrors, front turns and rear signals, they were missing as well. may take front header and end pipe before mufler and have chromed, or repaint black.

Comment

Working...
                          X