X

kats r great!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kats r great!

just wanted to say how much I truely love my 96 gsx 750f. before I got mine and if I heard some of the things people say about them I might have been discouraged to buy one. but now that I have one, if I ever heard anyone say anything slightly negative about my bike I would laugh in there face lol and tell them all the reasons why kats are better then the race bikes in alot of ways. I can't wait to put more money into it and make it even better. they can be made so look so gnarly on another note they can be made pretty ugly too lol but a great all around bike, I think if ur gona get a sportbike you might as well get a touring. because you still have the speed and quick turning, braking and there a bit more comfortable.

Glad you're enjoying the bike. Welcome to KR!
    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome!
      http://www.wickedelements.com

^^^^^^

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

good deal. welcome.
            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Welcome to KR!
              Bill
              1989 Katana 600 Blue on Black
              sigpic

Comment

Welcome aboard glad to have you, nice to see someone else who enjoys owning a Katana

Comment

welcome man
                  Sweet Lincoln's Mullet

Comment

Katanas better than a race bike in a lot of ways? Name one besides comfort...lets call a spade a spade here...
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I haven't got a lot to compare my Kat to since it is my first bike and I have never even riden anything else except a DR-200 dual sport during my MSF class. I know machines though and I can tell it is a great machine. Now that I have spend a significant amount of time and money getting her back to as close to perfect as possible, I plan on keeping the bike always, even after I get a newer bike one day.

Love standing out in a world of zx's, gixxers, busas, cbrs and yzfs!

My buddy and I were ouside a restaurant getting on our bikes and this girl came up and complimented our bikes, mine specifically. She even said no offense, that his bike was nice too but she liked mine better. He rides an 07 Ninja 650r which is a nice bike and certainly cost more than my decade old Katana. What can I say, the girls love the Kat!

Comment

Welcome to KR. I just bought 2006 GSX750F (it only had 2600 mile on it and looks like it rolled off of the show floor) and am very happy with mine too.
                        2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                          Katanas better than a race bike in a lot of ways? Name one besides comfort...lets call a spade a spade here...
                          The kat is not better than any sportbike besides comfort youre right.

but experience matters. to NEED a sportsbike you need to know how to ride. yesterday I left the group of r6 and gsxrs on the track and almost lapped them. Wasnt this where the race bike was supposed to shine ? not be shat at it was in the middle experienced riders group. a couple of more track days and I can easily go to the more advanced group and keep up with them too. Thats on my bone stock 600 kat.

the suspension could have been better though Compressing a litte bit too much ( with my bad seating posture ) and some lean angle

which leads to this after a couple of turns:

2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                            "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Welcome from Ohio.

Comment

Working...
                              X