X

One of too many Katana's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of too many Katana's

Hi how is everyone, I have recently acquired a 93 Suzuki Katana.

I traded a mini bike for it with a 6.5hp blue clone Dyno CL-1 cam, 3/4" spec header with safety washer welded at the end. Huayi carb billet adapter, and K&N style air cleaner, with disc brake rear, witch was modified to hydraulic brake caliper, and handle with resivoir that was for a scooter. I jack shafted it with 12T Hillard Fury clutch to 15T sprocket, and 13T sprocket behind it to a 72T sprocket for a gear ration of 6:73.1 Anyway it was a fun project built it myself and sunk 700.00 into building it, and got a wheel stander when I was finished pics of similar ones are here mine was pretty much Identical to there black and green one they built here, plus I bought my parts from them.

Anyways a friend across the way had a 93 Suzuki Katana that had been traded and it became a bad trade due to the Dodge pickup that was given to him for the Katana, he never got the title as he was promised so he repo'd the bike like I told him he should do, and the guy pretty much road it around all last summer jacking with it, and not doing the work that needed done to it. Carbs needed rebuilt, and it needed new front tire, forks I believe need rebuilt, and it was missing the windshield, and the key had been lost by my friend which they took a scooter key and made it work for the ignition, tank, and latch, but the kid that was trading the dodge never gave him back the scooter key.

I have it on switch for now, till I can afford to buy a new key switch. I have also bought a smoked windshield out of China very nice quality at a cost of 25.99 with shipping, cleaned the bike all up, shaved the rear fender off so it is now flush with the body line except I left a small piece below tail light to mount my license plate bracket. I bought a battery for it, a motobat mb10u, and had recently bought 88 Katana carbs being the same bike I thought they would be identical, but I have found that they are different they will go into intake boots and seal really good, even though they are a bit smaller in diameter both on intake side, and air box side. So I am gonna still try and use them, and I have to clean the tank now since the guy that was trading the dodge let it sit in the snow this last winter, and now the tank has some scale spots of rust so I got muratic acid and acytone and need to make some plates for the petcock, and pickup assembly. Anyway i will be posting more, and hope to learn and gain some more knowledge from everyone here.

Mine is the black one with the notorious puplish blue, and teal green graphics and purplish blue wheels.

I am not new to bikes messed with bikes here and there for a few years, previous bikes are 1970 Suzuki GT500 Titan 2 stroke street bike, 1974 Yamaha RD350 2 stroke street bike, and 81 Yamaha Exciter 185 and 2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Custom Sportster, plus I just traded a Gibson ES125 and Fender Pro Jr. all tube amp for a bobber chassis rolling.

Anyhow between me and my 2 neighbors I have a 600 Katana, mitch just acquired a 90 1100 Katana, and Chris the one I got the 600 Katana from has a 03 Honda CBR600RR. I will try and get Mitch registered on here, cause he has some questions, and a few small parts needs for his 1100 Katana

I also included a picture of that bicycle in the background behind the the Katana body panals which is what it looks like now, and the last picture is it when it had the 66cc 2 stroke engine on it

http://www.hotrodminibike.com/Home_Page.html
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeiger; 08-08-2011, 02:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ummm.. Welcome.

I'm a reader but you lost me somewhere around the specs on the minibike you traded for the Kat. Understand you've got a friend with an 1100 who you're trying to talk into joining KR. Pretty much everything else faded into a blur.

Glad to have you in the group but please try breaking things up a bit. Stream of consciousness doesn't tend to work that well in an online forum.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Sorry I tried to break it up a bit, I was even getting lost in there, hope it looks better now.

Thanks

Comment

welcome aboard

what's going in the bobber frame? old triumph mill? kat motor would be different, too...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Welcome to KR..
          "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Welcome to K R!
            "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
            1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
            2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Actually that is why I got the Katana in the first place I was gonna try and pull the motor off the Katana and put it on the Bobber frame, but it actually is a board track replica, that is why it has the same size tire both front and rear. However, the Katana motor is too big for the frame so now I am just fixing the Katana up to ride, and now I have a board track replica with no motor, and no money or anything to trade for the right motor for it.

I stored the board track replica out at my dads in the shed, but I probably gonna have to move it at some point, and I just hope no one ever desides to jump the fence and go nosing through there shed. Its never locked, I had thought about just fixing up the Katana and selling it so I could buy me a motor for it, but the Katana is growing on me more and more.

So I guess I will just wait till I get back to work and try and find a motor for it then.
              Last edited by Jeiger; 08-06-2011, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Welcome!
                =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

welcome

blue 2001 Katana 600 - Hindle slip on, Hole shot 5 degree ignition advancer

Comment

Welcome!
                    sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                    1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                    2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                    First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                    Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Working...
                    X