X

First Post

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Post

Hello everyone! I am 31 yrs old from Ft. Wayne, Indiana. I first learned how to ride a motorcycle when I was 13, but had not ridden in about 10 years until I bought my Katana last fall. She's an 89 Katana 600. She's old, beat up, needs a lot of work, but I love her I'm pretty sure previous owners raced/did stunts with her. Other than the Yoshi exhaust and the carbs jetted, I'm not sure what has been done to this bike before I bought her. Here is a list of the work I have done to her so far:

Oil Change
    Spark Plugs
    Chain
    Clutch and throttle cable
    re-capped vacuum hoses
    cleaned carbs/re-synced
    re-painted fairings

Things on the short term to do list:

fork seals
    tires
    led signals

I also ride a 99 Shadow VLX, but I find myself riding my Kat more often than anything else.

Thanks to everyone for contributing to this website. Although this is my first post, you all have already been an incredible help with a lot of the work I've done so far

Post some pics when you get a chance... Glad you joined the fray... from Upstate NY
    "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

welcome good list of things you have done / will do. usually chain and sprockets are recomended to be changed at the same time. but its too late for that now if youve put more than 1000km on the new chain. next time
      2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Welcome!
        sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
        1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
        2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
        First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
        Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

welcome

blue 2001 Katana 600 - Hindle slip on, Hole shot 5 degree ignition advancer

Comment

Welcome! Nice name!
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KR!
              "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
              1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
              2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Working...
              X