X

Hello to all - from hot, dry windy OKC, OK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello to all - from hot, dry windy OKC, OK

I have been riding various motorcycles for 40 plus years. My fourth bike was a 75 Suzuki 750 -- good ride. I had to sell it and my next bike was a honda something and then I bought an 81 Suzuki 850 - loaded -- really good ride. Then after several other brands of bikes -- mostly BMWs - and an old goldwing, I bought a salvage 81 - 1100GT and got it running - road it six months or so -- then other BMW's and more recently a 2001 Triumph 600TT. I found myself wanting something with a bit more umph. SO, I just bought my first Katana - '06 - 750 - right at 2000 miles, burgundy with a few nicks but otherwise looking good. It didn't/doesn't run right - so in 102 to 105 F weather I am crawling around working on it for now in my 110 F garage.

I'll start a thread to ask about this one's problems -- I have already benefited from several threads as a guest - so great to be in the forum.

Most of the time (for the last 27 years now) I have lived in Southeast Asia and traveled as a photographer/videographer - doing a variety of media production projects. When in Thailand, I ride a Yamaha TRX 850 (very nice ride) - where I mostly call home - when I am not back in OKC with family or traveling -- (before Thailand, I was 12 years in Singapore and before that 14 years in the Philippines).

Not sure how much to say to introduce myself - I will get some pix up soon. I am not a great mechanic but can't afford the pro's - besides I'd almost rather work on them than ride them ----- NAAHHH!
    Last edited by bmwerman; 07-21-2011, 10:04 PM.

Welcome to the site!
    Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

Welcome to the group!
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
      Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
      R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
      1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
      RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
      3BBB turn signal mirrors,
      Black painted seat and rear trim,
      Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Welcome! Glad to have you!
        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

welcome
          2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Welcome to KR.
            "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
            1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
            2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

welcome
              never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Welcome!
                sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Working...
                X