On board

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On board

Howdy yall.
    I've been riding for a while. I have a 2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100, which is an awesome cruiser, but I wanted to try a sport-bike. Unfortunately, but understandably none of my buddies let people ride their sport bikes, so when a co-worker of mine laid his 2005 Katana 750 over and decided to give it up I lept at the opportunity to get it for cheap.

The right fairing is trashed; but all the bike needed to be rideable was a new handlebar cap, right blinker, and I un-lowered the bike.

So here I am.

Thus far; the mechanical repairs are done; and I bought a fender eliminator kit, because the rear fender looks awful. I hope to install that this weekend.

Otherwise, I think I will ride the bike for the rest of the season and replace the fairings next spring. If anyone happens to have a set of the midnight blue fairings or pieces parts thereto - let me know.

I also intend to get an exhaust and have the carbs jetted.

I'm always up for suggestons on mods.

Otherwise, its nice to have found a site for this bike.

Welcome to the site! This is a great place, full of knowledgeable and helpful people. Keep an eye on the parts for sale section, although you'll need 50 posts before you can post there.
    Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

Welcome. Check out the how to section. there's a great sticky in there on plastic repair. Saved me a ton of money just repairing and painting my fairings. Could use it as an excuse to do a custom paint job.
      When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

Pretty sure I saw complete fairing kit for sale on EBAY....might want to check it out. Only problem is it was out of Asia , Hong Kong I think...just search ebay motors under suzuki katana.

Comment

Welcome!
          sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
          1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
          2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
          First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
          Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome
            04 SRT-4 with toys / 00 Katana 600 / 67 Mustang-Sold/ 88 Mustang-Sold / 92 Mustang-Sold / 97 Mustang-Traded

Comment

Welcome!

Completely different bike than your Shadow. You'll probably have to deliberately delay shifting to avoid lugging the engine. The Shadow makes a lot of torque at low rpms but the Kat is happy up around 6k-7k rpms.
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I think I'm just going to live with the body damage for a while. Plus, being new to a sport bike, I may lay the damn thing down myself.

I installed a rear fender eliminator kit over the weekend, which was less than easy, but after 3 hours and plenty of cursing, I got it together. Now my left blinker blinks fast. I'm hoping its a dead or dying bulb as opposed to the relay.

I will keep yall posted.

Comment

welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome to KR.
                    "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                    1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                    2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                    X