Greetings from a new member, new rider, and new Katana owner from Virginia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from a new member, new rider, and new Katana owner from Virginia

Greetings fellow Katriders,

First-time rider living in Washington DC metro area (Alexandria, VA). I completed the MSF BRC last month and about to pull the trigger on my first bike.

I will be buying a '06 Katana 600R from a private seller tomorrow. I already checked out the Kat it sure is a beauty. The owner is an experienced rider and kept his baby clean and well maintained. He might actually be a Katrider member. I'll have to ask him tomorrow.

I'll post pics once I get her home. Mostly stock except for Two Brothers Racing complete exhaust system and Metzeler tires.

Look forward to becoming a new rider and new member.

Cheers!

P.S. - Looking into motorcycle insurance and thinking about switching from Travelers to AllState since Travelers doesn't have motorcycle insurance. Anyone have any recommendations for an insurance provider? I would like to bundle my auto insurance if possible.

Welcome to KR
    2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Welcome to KR...
      "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Welcome aboard. Try geico or progressive, I haven't used either for my car ins. but both have mc insurance and geico has been fairly cheap for me. Plus you can get quotes online in just a few minutes.
        Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

welcome
          2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Welcome from Ohio.

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome!
                sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome from Manassas!
                  =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KR! progresive was the choice i went with save close to 20% over gieco.
                    Last edited by flash007; 06-15-2011, 01:40 AM.
                    "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                    1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                    2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

welcome and hi from va bch area.... i pay $18 a mth for motorcycle insurance thru geico. so you might want to try them, then again i am a female and over 25 with no tickets in over 6 yrs so idk if that has anything to do with insurance prices. i also have full coverage thru geico on my mustang which is cheap as hell too.. yeah so umm try geico, lol...
                        just sayin

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Thanks everyone for a warm welcome

Well I am finally the brand new owner of a immaculate 2006 Kat 600. It was well taken care of by the previous owner and runs great. This is my first bike and I hope to keep it for at least 2 years. I attached some crude pics (didn't know about the size limitations). I plan to upload better ones this weekend.

Regarding my insurance. I went with Progressive since they quoted me the cheapest rate at an overly conservative coverage (with me being a first-time rider and all). I paid $285 per year ($23.75/month) but w/ no collision.

Now I have to purchase some matching gear besides a used jacket I picked up from Craigslist and a helmet the previous owner included in the deal.

Since its the summer (80-100 degree w/ humidity) I was thinking about the following gear:

- Icon Pursuit Perforated Gloves
                            - Alpinestars Bionic 2 Protection Jacket
                            - Fieldsheer Congo Air Mesh Jacket OR Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0 Jacket Mesh Jacket
                            - Alpinestars S-MX 1 Riding Shoes

Any thoughts or suggestion on the above mentioned gear?
                            Attached Files

Comment

welcome aboard from NOVA.

Comment

Working...
                              X