Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Subaru Guy from NY (845) just bought a Katana!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to KR! There is not a better resource for a Kat than this site...
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut / Yogi Berra

"after the nuclear apocalypse, there will be 6ft tall cockroaches eating twinkies and driving dodge darts, and riding katanas" -- JayBell

Comment

Originally posted by spatula6554 View Post
      Welcome to KR! There is not a better resource for a Kat than this site...
      Thank You! Looks like your right!

OffTopic:

Just getting a kick out of this...

Last edited by URAL; 05-15-2011, 11:19 PM.
      New Member, check me out @ RS25.com

Comment

I have some T-Rex frame sliders for sale if you need some, not used. I didnt end up putting them on because I found out my bike was a TL anyways and the engine mount bolts didnt want to cooperate.

Comment

Shoot me some pix, and a price.
          Where's Regina SK?

Comment

Welcome to kr

Comment

Originally posted by URAL View Post
              Shoot me some pix, and a price.
              Where's Regina SK?
              Here this is the thread that I found out about them from

Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
              From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
              Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.

I started to try to install the left side and did like he did in his thread and ground out a little bit of the bracket (which you will also probably have to do because of the sloppy welds on katana frames) but couldn't even get my original bolt out of my bike lol. I live in canada and get get a shipping quote if you want. I think it was like $30 shipping to get it here from the states. I would sell them to you for like $40? Is that ok?? Its like half price (I have no idea what shipping would have been in the states).

This is what he says in his thread about the fit - - - -

NOTE: this is where I found a problem. Suzuki welds were sloppy on the frame
              area, and I had to relieve the inner portion of the bracket to clear the weld, using a
              Dremel with a grinding wheel.
              First use a rubber hammer to find where it interferes (the frame will mark the powder
              coat), and then relieve that portion of the bracket with the Dremel.
              This is easy, and took approximately 3 minutes or so.(I had to repeat the procedure
              on the left side as well, but only lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by 0241135 View Post
                Here this is the thread that I found out about them from

Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
                From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
                Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.

I started to try to install the left side and did like he did in his thread and ground out a little bit of the bracket (which you will also probably have to do because of the sloppy welds on katana frames) but couldn't even get my original bolt out of my bike lol. I live in canada and get get a shipping quote if you want. I think it was like $30 shipping to get it here from the states. I would sell them to you for like $40? Is that ok?? Its like half price (I have no idea what shipping would have been in the states).

This is what he says in his thread about the fit - - - -

NOTE: this is where I found a problem. Suzuki welds were sloppy on the frame
                area, and I had to relieve the inner portion of the bracket to clear the weld, using a
                Dremel with a grinding wheel.
                First use a rubber hammer to find where it interferes (the frame will mark the powder
                coat), and then relieve that portion of the bracket with the Dremel.
                This is easy, and took approximately 3 minutes or so.(I had to repeat the procedure
                on the left side as well, but only lightly.
                Well Ill need to think a little, Im a bit tight with the finances and if it'll end up being near 100 bucks after shipping then its just lacking the logic. However if its not too hard to get a quote to 10950 (NY USA) then that would be great. It's always better to deal with an exact amount.

Originally posted by chrisimz View Post
                Welcome to kr
                Thanks man!
                Last edited by URAL; 05-17-2011, 02:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I've got a subaru and a katana too! Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Ammadien View Post
                    I've got a subaru and a katana too! Welcome
                    Thanks! What kind of subaru?

Comment

Alrite fellas' Little update... The weather has been ****ty in the past week or so. Haven't even looked at the bike since the last time. Gotta pay insurance at the end of this month and I haven't even ridden the damn thing.

Also Looking for another job. Car mechanics is not my field of career, I rather keep it as a hobby. Anyone in NY who have a decent job opening they know of, let me know and Ill gladly make a resume

Comment

Might try calling the Civilian Employment Office at West Point, see what they've got. A GS job is a pretty sweet deal and you can't beat the stability.
                        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Welcome to the group!

I must be right around the corner from you!
                          I just love the ride up to Perkins Tower too.
                          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
                          Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
                          R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
                          1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
                          RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
                          3BBB turn signal mirrors,
                          Black painted seat and rear trim,
                          Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                            Might try calling the Civilian Employment Office at West Point, see what they've got. A GS job is a pretty sweet deal and you can't beat the stability.
                            That's actually not a bad Idea! Gotta try, however the chances are very slim! lol

Originally posted by bob393 View Post
                            Welcome to the group!

I must be right around the corner from you!
                            I just love the ride up to Perkins Tower too.
                            Hey!! Thanks! You are in fact just 15 minutes from me!! Im right down near Chester!

Bear Mountain is just fantastic overall! First time on the bike was just spectacular, Im familiar tho taking my car there and enjoying the twisties
                            Last edited by URAL; 05-21-2011, 06:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Welcome to KR, i just so happen to have a subie and kat aswell

Comment

Thanks! I see, nice hawk eye!

Comment

Working...
                                X