Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me what you think. I was looking around and saw a 2003 Suzuki Katana for $2100 went down to take a look at it, didn't look too bad and ended up gettin' it. So far I've put around $300 into it, and when I took in today I was told that the bearings in the steering column needed to be replaced.

workin on getting the pics up
    Last edited by judstirber; 01-17-2011, 09:19 PM.

Welcome...but can't see your picture.
    sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
    1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
    2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
    First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
    Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

welcome
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Welcome!
        "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Welcome! Can't see your picture, either. You need to post it to photobucket or some such site and post a link to it. Otherwise, the link will try to point to a file on each of our C: drives.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Welcome!
            once the bike is up and running, it is nice and fast

Comment

Welcome to the group!
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
              Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
              R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
              1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
              RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
              3BBB turn signal mirrors,
              Black painted seat and rear trim,
              Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

If you rode it there and didn't notice a problem??????..... well, find a new stealership. Welcome to the KR family!
                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                ------------------------------------------
                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

You can check the steering stem bearings yourself. Hold the front brake and try to rock the bike forward and back. If you feel any clicking then try tightening the big nut, centered between the handlebars. (It's got a locknut so you have to loosen that, tighten the adjusting nut a hair and hold it while you re-tighten the lock nut.) You're looking for it to be as tight as possible without causing any binding in the steering. Once you've taken out any slack in the bearings you'll need an assistant. Put the bike on the centerstand and have them push down on the back of the bike to raise the front wheel off the ground. Turn the handlebars all the way to the left and right, feeling for any binding or catching. If you feel any of that then you need new bearings. If not then your mechanic is trying to cheat you.
                  Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Yeah I hadn't really noticed it before but one of the guys pointed it out, all it sounds like is if you were to roll a couple bearings when I turn the handlebars. Yeah there is a place I know of where I can go and get an honest opinion. I've already laid down around $300 to get my chain, oil, and filter changed most of the cost was labor. It kind've sounds like he me be trying to screw me on this but I will definitely get a 2nd and 3rd opinion. Thanks

Comment

welcome
                      2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

New exhaust

I have been searching around and generally speaking I have seen katana owners saying they are getting around 40-50mpg. I just recently put on a two brothers slip on exhaust. The bike sounds rumbles like a champ now but I am unsure of how much an exhaust effects the mpg. any body got some words of wisdom? Thanks

Comment

Welcome to KR
                          THE DOC
                          RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                          Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                          mistake when you make it again.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X