X

Alaska Riders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska Riders

So I have been on katriders.com for a year now and have yet to see any one mention Alaska other than an idea for a daring road trip. So now I want to see if there are any Kat Riders in Alaska at all. I know I've seen a few around the streets of Anchorage. Land wise this is the largest city in the US but with a population of less than 300K, Katanas are far and few between.

So are their any other riders out there who would like to represent Alaska?

Please don't use the warn out phrase: Ride AK...
    '95 Katana 600

i'd like to transfer to AK but it's gonna be a few months if it actually happens.
    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

Comment

That would be sick! Let me know if it happens.
      Riding season doesn't start till around April anyways.
      '95 Katana 600

Comment

i'd still ride in the winter. but my choice of bike would be a dirt bike with engine coolant running through the handle bars and tubes inflating my sheet metal screw studded knobby tires.

and if i go out there i'll be in Juneau first.
        Last edited by il_ragazzo; 01-08-2011, 07:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
        Tony
        94 Katana 600

Comment

You guys must be a lot more passionate about riding than most folks out here. Personally, I don't ride too much under 40 deg F.

Comment

ive ridden in all temps above 16°F. To be honest.... once u get to 16.... it's only a matter of what your wearing ,how hot your hand grips get ,and how to keep the wind off of you. below 0 i assume it's a different game.
            Tony
            94 Katana 600

Comment

There are usually 7 months of clear roads in Anchorage but every once in a wile I'll see a dirt bike or something fashioned with a 3rd wheel riding around mid-winter.
              I would rather drive then ride if its below freezing.
              '95 Katana 600

Comment

Welcome to the group!

Riding in the cold is great. Just dress for it.
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
                Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
                R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
                1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
                RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
                3BBB turn signal mirrors,
                Black painted seat and rear trim,
                Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Originally posted by Quinton View Post
                  I would rather drive then ride if its below freezing.
                  what's the worst that could happen?

Originally posted by bob393 View Post
                  Welcome to the group!

Riding in the cold is great. Just dress for it.
                  i agree...
                  Last edited by il_ragazzo; 01-10-2011, 03:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  Tony
                  94 Katana 600

Comment

We have Katriders from Alaska:

twofries - Fairbanks
                    ArcticKat - Wasilla

and you:

Quinton - Anchorage

I envy Paul Miner that made the trip to Deadhorse,AK in July or August 2010. I would love to see that part of the country one day...not necessarily Deadhorse, but Alaska in general. It would be a nice ride through Canada to get their as well.
                    Last edited by jday240; 01-10-2011, 06:38 AM.

Comment

i called UAS this week and they said that i don't meet the requirements for free tuition.... so ima stay in cali for school.
                      Tony
                      94 Katana 600

Comment

Hey, That's me below! I'm still around a kicking even though I don't participate much here on the forums.

Originally posted by jday240 View Post
                        We have Katriders from Alaska:

twofries - Fairbanks
                        ArcticKat - Wasilla

and you:

Quinton - Anchorage

I envy Paul Miner that made the trip to Deadhorse,AK in July or August 2010. I would love to see that part of the country one day...not necessarily Deadhorse, but Alaska in general. It would be a nice ride through Canada to get their as well.

Comment

Bump

Did a quick search on here for dead threads... I'm moving to Anchorage in Jan and considering bringing my Kat. I just have no clue how the riding is or even how long the riding season is. Any info?
                          Last edited by Ilovemyvtx; 10-20-2012, 01:02 AM.
                          Katie - 91 Kat 600, 98 Bandit 600 engine, Ivan Jet Kit, Ignition Advancer, Gsxr 750 header, Delkevic slip on, Veypor computer.

Comment

Working...
                          X