X

Help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Does any body no where I can get parts and plastics cheep around Louisiana or Texas also is there an additive to keep my engine clip or to help clean it and can fiberglass and bond fix cracked fairings? Thanks for the help
    sigpic
    "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
    "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

The fairings are ABS plastic and should be patched with ABS cement or a plastic welder. I've had some luck with fiberglass before but prefer ABS now that I've used it. It can be picked up at Ace Hardware, Lowe's, or Home Depot and is in the plumbing dept. I used black Oatey brand ABS plastic cement and it works well. It will be a thin liquid when you buy it but you can leave it open for a half hour at a time and it will thicken as the acetone in it evaporates. I use fiberglass mat as a backing and to strengthen cracks. There are threads here about repairing plastics and painting as well. Use the search tab at the upper right.

Check the Parts for sale section here at Katriders or ebay for fairings.

You may have better luck if you post up what year and parts you need in this thread.

Comment

I do abs welding if you wish to go that route.Thats the best way to do it, you dont have to worry about delamination later on.
      www.mccallcolors.com pics always help w/ pricing.Can put back in color/s also.

Comment

Ok thanks will the abs cement Sand down good for paint I'm thinking a gloss black and also my kat has almost 14000 miles what can I do to keep the engine in the best shape would something like zmax( oil and gas lubricating additive) help also the bike is a 2000 kat 750 but I have the fairings off a 90's model I believe. it's got the square shaped hole to see the motor on the upper side fairings thanks
        Last edited by Devinjordan; 12-03-2010, 02:29 AM.
        sigpic
        "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
        "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Comment

I've always used fiberglass and had good luck with it. I wouldn't worry about engine additives, Katanas will run forever without them.
          1996 Katana 600. D&D Custom Paint Job, Vance and Hines Full System, factory pro jet kit.

Comment

Welcome to the group!
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
            Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
            R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
            1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
            RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
            3BBB turn signal mirrors,
            Black painted seat and rear trim,
            Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.