Brand new to bikes from OH

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new to bikes from OH

Hey guys,

I just purchased my first bike yesterday. It is a 98 GSX750F. Has a salvage title unfortunately, but it has only 7200 miles and I got it for $1000 after the guy just payed $1100 for maintenance in June. Seems to run fine. Needs to be repainted, and luckily for me the old owner primed it, still needs a little sanding and more priming though. I'm thinking I'm going to paint it all gloss black or two tone white and black and go for some kind of sinister look. Hopefully all goes well and I can put my own little creativity into it without dumping too much money in as well.

Am I going to have a really hard time with the whole salvage title thing? Some people say yes and some say no....some personal experience and input would be nice.

Nick
    Findlay, Ohio
    '98 GSX750F SOLD
    Looking for project bike back in Jersey.

Welcome to KR!!! Sorry, I have no experience with a salvage title, but I'm sure somebody will be along to help.
    I finally got home and get to ride my KAT!!!
    sigpic

Comment

here in maine, all youd have to do is have the bike pass inspection and send for a re- title. not really hard to do. im not sure how it goes in other states though.
      easy way to find out, just go to your local dvm and inquire about it.

Comment

It's not hard, but keep receipts for EVERYTHING that you replace on the bike. I had some friends that rebuilt salvage cars as their main income, and they said that the guys can get pretty anal about receipts for parts that have been replaced. If you can take before/after pictures that would probably help as well. They just want to know that it has been fixed and that it wasn't fixed with stolen parts.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Hey greetings and welcome...and many transportation devices I have had..never had to deal with salvage...but good luck!

Comment

Welcome to KR
            THE DOC
            RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
            Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
            mistake when you make it again.
            sigpic

Comment

welcome
              never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Howdy. My bike has a Salvage title and I live in Ohio... No problems whatsoever.
                Originally posted by arsenic
                93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Welcome to the group!
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
                  Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
                  R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
                  1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
                  RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
                  3BBB turn signal mirrors,
                  Black painted seat and rear trim,
                  Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

great time to join KR.

Comment

Ok so the bike is retitled, registered, and insured now! Been out these last two days riding a bit and I honestly can't find anything I don't like about it! People have been bitching about me going out on my own when this is my first bike, but it just feels like a heavier 4 stroke dirtbike to me, something I'm used to riding. Couldn't be happier with my purchase, and I plan to ride until the snow stops me!! Thanks for the warm welcomes, and hopefully I'll to get to some meets in the spring and meet some other members. I know I'll be looking for advice and potentially help in the future and I feel pretty comfortable knowing this forum and its members should be there for me.

If anyone isn't too far from Findlay, OH I'd love to meet you and see your bike/s. Only problem is that I can't ride on the highways with my Temp License.

I truly don't think I can express my excitement!
                      '98 GSX750F SOLD
                      Looking for project bike back in Jersey.

Comment

Welcome to KR

Have any photos of the bike to show us?
                        sigpic
                        98 Katana 750 89 Katana 600
                        Corbin Gunfighter & Scorpion Pipe

Comment

Originally posted by NCamiolo View Post
                          If anyone isn't too far from Findlay, OH I'd love to meet you and see your bike/s. Only problem is that I can't ride on the highways with my Temp License.

I truly don't think I can express my excitement!
                          If we get some decent weather on days that I'm free maybe I'll buzz out that way. I'm residing just East of Sandusky until the middle of December. If you want to head South a ways, the Columbus area guys get together now and then.
                          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Welcome and enjoy the site!

Comment

welcome
                              2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Working...
                              X