X

hey all new guy here!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey all new guy here!

Hey everyone I'm excited to have joined katriders, I have recently purchased my first bike ever and happy to say its a 2006 katana 600. (Black) all stock except lowered 2 inches. I was wondering if there are any riders I'm michigan located in metro detroit area? I'm living in macomb county city clinton township. I looking to meet some fellow riders being that nobody I know has a bike. I am a mechanical guy and I do heating cooling and refrigeration so if you need some help with that hit me up. Thanks a lot everyone. Oh one more thing the link in the wiki for service manuals does not seem to work when you click the link it takes you to some other page not shared with katriders can someone please address that. Thanks all, Tim Beardsley

Hey I also was wondering if it is common for me to have to adjust the idle screw located on the left side faring right below seat. My rpms were below 1000 I turned the screw clock wise 1/4 turn now idles at 1200 but after 10 mins of driving my rpms start to hang for about 15 seconds in the 2500 rpm range then comes back down slowly any suggestions? Thanks in advance
    Last edited by beardsley84; 09-09-2010, 12:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

welcome
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
      Q. "What do you think when you see a pretty girl walking down the street" -A. "One side of me says, 'I'd like to talk to her, date her'. The other side of me says , 'I wonder how her head would look on a stick?"

Comment

Originally posted by beardsley84 View Post
        Hey I also was wondering if it is common for me to have to adjust the idle screw located on the left side faring right below seat. My rpms were below 1000 I turned the screw clock wise 1/4 turn now idles at 1200 but after 10 mins of driving my rpms start to hang for about 15 seconds in the 2500 rpm range then comes back down slowly any suggestions? Thanks in advance
        Did you let the bike warm up to see if the RPMs level out before adjusted the idle screw? Sometimes just giving the kat a little choke time will help even things out. Speaking of the choke, make sure the cable isn't getting caught up on anything...Do you notice an increase/decrease in RPMs when you turn the handlebars? Finally, had the bike been sitting sitting for any extended period of time? If so, there may just be a little gunk that needs to be cleaned out.

Oh, and glad to see another Katrider!

Comment

Welcome...my 06 was exactly like yours. The only bike out of seven that I've regretted trading in over the last five years. Keep it, or you will likely regret it. It's a classy bike!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Welcome to KR!!
            I finally got home and get to ride my KAT!!!
            sigpic

Comment

thanks you so much for the comment about the bike, this is my first bike and i love it already it will not be sold or traded ever ill keep forever. does anyone know where i can order the little cover that connects to the right side faring over the oil fill??

Comment

Welcome to KR! Try flebay for the cover?
                96' Katana 600/750

Comment

Welcome to KR
                  2002 GSXF 750

Comment

welcome to the boards
                    ROLL TIDE!

Comment

Welcome, and enjoy your new bike.
                      It's all good! It's goody good!

Comment

welcome to KR and hanging idle could be gunk in your carbs or is it more of a bouncy idle????
                        time to nut up or shut up
                        Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
                        The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Welcome to the group!
                          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
                          Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
                          R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
                          1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
                          RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
                          3BBB turn signal mirrors,
                          Black painted seat and rear trim,
                          Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Ill check in the morning if its a bouncy idle I really got to ride it today for once since i have had i been riding all day it was nice in michigan today got the bike up to almost 90 mph felt ok little shaky this previous owner had lowered the bike 2" and im gonna put it back to stock tomorrow. i have also noticed that when i start the bike up and choke it to let it warm up, it runs very high rpms while just slight choke on 4000k and when i move the choke around the idle bounces all over kinda goofy but whatever just gotta play with the choke lever till i find 2500 rpm range while warming up. carbs may be gunked up have a feeling bike may have sat since only has 4000 miles on it an its a 06

Comment

Originally posted by beardsley84 View Post
                              thanks you so much for the comment about the bike, this is my first bike and i love it already it will not be sold or traded ever ill keep forever. does anyone know where i can order the little cover that connects to the right side faring over the oil fill??
                              A little duct tape could fix that problem. Check out ebay they are on there every once in a while. Might have to paint to match, but it is better than going to the stealership.

By the way Welcome.
                              There are two types of riders: Those that have been down, and Those that will go down.
                              I belong to the first.

06 Kat Blue and White for the moment...

Comment

Working...
                              X