X

I'm ready to start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm ready to start

I've been lurking around here for a while, dropping in every couple of weeks to check things out. After a little over a year I'm finally ready to start on the 93 750 I have. It was gifted to me about 1 1/2 years about by my neighbor, but I haven't had the time to touch it. I work a full time job, I work part-time at my brothers machine shop, have three kids, in the middle of a home remodeling project and for some reason started my own part-time anodizing business. Time has been tight, but I'm going to make some for me.

What I know about the history of the bike is, my neighbor bought it from a friend of his, not running. He had it to two different local bike shops that could not, or didn't want to take the time to get it going. Neither could tell him what the issue was, just that they couldn't figure it out. The bike was sitting for about 4 years before my neighbor bought it, and about 1 1/2 since it was given to me.

As of right now I have a new battery for it, that I hope to get filled tomorrow and get on the trickle charger tomorrow night. I'm getting a new set of plugs tomorrow. My plan is to replace the battery, draing the tank, replace the plugs and see what I have.

Dan

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you! Good Luck!
    sigpic The reason I wear a helmet...

Comment

Welcome to KR, good luck with the bike
      2002 GSXF 750

Comment

welcome

if the bike turns over thats a pretty good sign( but you wont know till day after tommorow)
        any how good luck hope its a easy thing to fix
        time to nut up or shut up
        Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
        The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Welcome to KR!
          "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the group!
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
            Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
            R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
            1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
            RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
            3BBB turn signal mirrors,
            Black painted seat and rear trim,
            Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Welcome!
              sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
              1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
              2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
              First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
              Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Working...
              X