X

new rider!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new rider!

Hey everyone i just bought a 06 katana 600, ive lowered it and shortened the kick stand, but ihave a few questions and or concerns.
    1. can i remove the center stand without having to do anything crucial to the bike? i saw it was connected to a sort of switch and wasnt sure what i should do about that
    2. when i lowered it, i only did the back, should i also lower the forks in the front or does it not really matter? i lowered it 3 inches in the back...(im really short! my inseam is only 28")..lol

Welcome to KR! Most people will tell you that you should lower both the front and rear by the same increments. I don't think the center stand should have any switch attached to it, are you referring to the springs attached to it?
    sigpic

Signature was getting too long, check my garage for list of mods.

Comment

Welcome to KR!
      "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Welcome aboard... I would suggest lowering front and rear, but beware of lowering the front too much as you might end up hitting the fender on the cowling under heavy braking....

TonyE.
        "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Okay cool so I should just be able to remove it without any problems?
          As for lowering the front, since I'm not familiar with how to do it I may just have one of my friends look into it.

Comment

Welcome to the group!
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
            Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
            R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
            1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
            RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
            3BBB turn signal mirrors,
            Black painted seat and rear trim,
            Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Welcome from Kissimmee, FL. Its not too difficult to lower the front. I did my own not too long ago and I'm sure if u search u will find a thread on it somewhere. Remember to adjust your shock absorption because your bike will scrape the bottom of the lower fairing on humps. If I can help let me know and I'll do whatever I can as I'm sure u will get from most of the folks you will come across here on Kat Riders.
              Last edited by slim68; 06-25-2010, 09:52 PM. Reason: Add to comment
              Sliminator

Comment

welcome
                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Welcome to KR.

If your going to lower the front end, you might want to stiffen your front suspension. Depending on your weight if you get hard on the brakes the front end dive could grind off a fair bit of your belly fairings.

As for the center stand, it's held on by a bolt with a spring to keep it up IIRC. So you should be able to just undo both and remove it. Just remember to keep all the parts if you decide to sell the bike down the road so the next owner can return it to stock settings.
                  Kyle

Comment

Welcome sir!
                    sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

welcome
                      2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Working...
                      X