Won't start!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't start!!!

Hello everyone,

New member here so pardon the frequently asked question - 1994 600cc Katana (US) with 8534 miles (13444 km equivalent). Bike has been stored for approximately 1 year - spark plugs replaced, fresh tank of gas, fuel lines all checked, started before storage...battery is good, starter working normally. Any thoughts?

C

Originally posted by dingos111 View Post
    Hello everyone,

New member here so pardon the frequently asked question - 1994 600cc Katana (US) with 8534 miles (13444 km equivalent). Bike has been stored for approximately 1 year - spark plugs replaced, fresh tank of gas, fuel lines all checked, started before storage...battery is good, starter working normally. Any thoughts?

C

Welcome to KR.

Time to clean the carbs.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Welcome to the group!

A+ What Krey said!

I like to give a shot of starting fluid into the air cleaner and give it a crank!
      If it fires and runs for like 5 sec you can eliminate just about everything
      except the carbs!
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
      Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
      R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
      1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
      RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
      3BBB turn signal mirrors,
      Black painted seat and rear trim,
      Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Welcome to KR!
        "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Voodoo Billy - love the family guy theme.

Chalk it up to rookie error (3 years riding, I should know better!), but it turns out the engine was flooded. Turned the fuel cock to res and left it for a few days, turned the key with full choke and it fired right up! Did somebody say diy 101...?

C

-

Comment

Welcome to KR, glad to hear your got her running. If your not going to clean the carbs you might find adding some seafoam to the tank will help clear up any rough idling or bogging you may have.
            Kyle

Comment

Does it turn over but not fire?

Comment

welcome to KR

its ok man i had the same prob but my bike has no fairings so i didnt know so it sat and flooded for like 2 weeks........ now that being sad the oil will prolly need to be changed if its been on prime the whole time...........
                time to nut up or shut up
                Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
                The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                X