X

bought a 1990 1100 big kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bought a 1990 1100 big kat

Yeah i found mine on craigslist guy claimed it had perfect plastics and it ran great he waned 1500 for the bike i looked it up on kbb it was worth 2300 with 18k miles, i went and looked at it both lower fairing pieces were mia, the cowling had 3 small cracks and i asked the guy about each issue since i had talked to him 3 times before seeing the bike, each time making sure it had perfect plastics, told him 11 was what i could give him because those plastics arent cheap he accepted and away i went, i started doing minor upgrades to it as i could afford managed to put handle bar mirrors on replaced the rear blinkers with ultra high intensity led's and was on a ride and stopped for a light and had an suv decide it needed to be where i was without looking and down the bike went as i ran from the suv lol so now i definantly need new front and lower fairings, im looking for race fairings if available but cheap stock ones would get it done as well thanks for any input in advance
    Last edited by 70blazer; 05-20-2010, 11:03 PM.

pics or it never happend welcome to KR i hope you find all the info you need on this site. there is a tone of info so if you cant find it than its prolly not a very common problem. than you just post a new thread and find out what to do. alot of people here willing to help out
    Last edited by 1990gsx 600; 05-20-2010, 11:35 PM.
    time to nut up or shut up
    Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
    The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Welcome to KR!
      "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Welcome. I've had my 1990 1100 since new and it is a great bike. This is a great site.

Comment

Does it look like mine ?
          Scotty Doesn't Know ...Scotty Doesn't Know.. Don't Tell Scotty

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome to the group!
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
              Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
              R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,