X

Hello All!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All!

Hey guys. My name is Andrey and I just got a 1992 600 Kat. I had an 89 a long time ago for a little bit, but this one is here to stay. I am new to these bikes and don't know much about them. The bike I got has some things that need fixed, so any help you gays can offer in the form of advice would be greatly appriciated. The big things I wanna take care of are the huge dent in my gastank that happen when the previous owner layed the bike down. The dent is prob about the size of a football so.. its not small... Don't want to spend money on a replacement, and I don't mine getting my hands dirty sence I work on cars all the time. The other problem I have is an engine noise that comes in from 3500rpm on up... its a loud chattering that sounds like its coming form the head...Biked runs fine, and the noise doesn't happen if the bike is in neutral and revved up. Only does it when its under load. Sounds like collapsed lifters in a car. I susspect maybe poor grade gad thats making it the motor knock, or valves that need adjusted really bad! LoL But not sure. Thanks for any help you guys may be able to offer and I am glad to become a part of the Kat Community.

Welcome to the group!
    If you browse around I think you will find tons of useful information.
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
    Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
    R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
    1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
    RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
    3BBB turn signal mirrors,
    Black painted seat and rear trim,
    Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

hi welcome to this site
      Your damned if you do, and your damned if you don't (Bart Simpson)

Comment

Welcome to KR!
        "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR
          THE DOC
          RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
          Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
          mistake when you make it again.
          sigpic

Comment

welcome
            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Welcome to KR, Andrey!!!
              Last edited by Nero; 05-15-2010, 01:29 AM.
              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome!
                sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Originally posted by 92GSXF View Post
                  Hey guys. My name is Andrey and I just got a 1992 600 Kat. I had an 89 a long time ago for a little bit, but this one is here to stay. I am new to these bikes and don't know much about them. The bike I got has some things that need fixed, so any help you gays can offer in the form of advice would be greatly appriciated. The big things I wanna take care of are the huge dent in my gastank that happen when the previous owner layed the bike down. The dent is prob about the size of a football so.. its not small... Don't want to spend money on a replacement, and I don't mine getting my hands dirty sence I work on cars all the time. The other problem I have is an engine noise that comes in from 3500rpm on up... its a loud chattering that sounds like its coming form the head...Biked runs fine, and the noise doesn't happen if the bike is in neutral and revved up. Only does it when its under load. Sounds like collapsed lifters in a car. I susspect maybe poor grade gad thats making it the motor knock, or valves that need adjusted really bad! LoL But not sure. Thanks for any help you guys may be able to offer and I am glad to become a part of the Kat Community.
                  Let's start with the simplest first..... have you checked the slack in the chain? An overly loose chain will/might get you the same effect.
                  As for the football-sized dent in the tank? If it's on a crease you'll be lucky to get it right. I'd be checking to see if you can find a decent one from salvage or e-Bay.
                  Good luck bro.
                  sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                  ------------------------------------------
                  89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                  96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Thanks guys! And especially thank you slofuze. I got most of the dent out today by removing the fuel level sensor and using a 1/2 in socket extension and a hammer. Worked well. Just need some filler and she will be saved till i can save up to get a new one. As for the noise, im taking the valve cover off tomorrow and see what i find in there... hopefully its not too bad. Ill keep you updated! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                    X