X

New in GA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New in GA

hello hello. My name is Terry, I live in Woodstock Ga. Im 23 and have wanted a bike since i was just a little guy. I bought a 03 katana with about 12K miles on it 2 weeks ago. Its been laid over a few times but it doesnt apear either was THAT bad. Besides its my first bike, I know the odds are against me to add a few more scratches to it. I blew the engine in my mustang so i kinda needed another adrenaline rush. So far, so good. This site has already been quite helpful.

Welcome...my first day as member too! Doesn't look too bad...color matches your car

Comment

yeah i know. i planned it out that way. jk actually it was only 2900 for the bike and it seemed like a pretty good deal so it coulda been pink and i woulda took it. well maybe not pink but you get the point.

Comment

Similar story...picked up an 02 in NH w/ 11k for under 3000. Snow was still on the ground and I rode it home almost 200 miles!

Comment

being that this is the first bike ive ever road alone i had a friend ride it home for me. when i was younger my brother had a 98 katana and i rode with him on that then he got an 02 gsxr1000 and took me for a ride on that. the only times ive ever been on 2 wheels with an engine till i got the kat.

Comment

Dumped a bike on a dirt road 20 years ago...young and dumb. This is my entry back. Much more careful now that I'm married w/ children. Be careful...I can't believe how many idiots behind the wheel are so clueless about sharing the road with us. I find a good loud pipe to be a bit of an added safety feature in addition to enhancing performance.

Comment

Welcome to KR!
              "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

ya i want another exhaust. thats about the only thing i wanna do. i bought the bike and i knew what i was gettin. its not your average 600cc bike. its heavy as hell so i dont wanna waste time on "performance" on this bike. ill probably get a yoshi pipe. doesnt seem like u can go wrong with them. its not just idiots behind the wheels though, i saw a guy on a hayabusa a couple days ago do a U-turn, i kinda thought to myself that he was a tool cause it was extended a good bit and had what looked to b a 280-300 tire on it and a single side swing arm. he got almost straight and just twisted the throttle and went up the street fish tailin. i was like probably one of the scariest things ive seen someone do. i thought he was going to eat it when he nailed the throttle.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                  Q. "What do you think when you see a pretty girl walking down the street" -A. "One side of me says, 'I'd like to talk to her, date her'. The other side of me says , 'I wonder how her head would look on a stick?"

Comment

Nice deal! Welcome to KR!
                    sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
                    2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                    2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

nice bike and welcome
                      It's not considered cheating if it's a motorcycle, right???

2006 Katana 750

Comment

welcome. don't forget your gear. ATGATT.
                        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

check

Comment

Like the color. Welcome!
                            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

thanks for the welcomes. is there many south east riders on here?

Comment

Working...
                              X