Motorcycle Transport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Transport

Hello everyone!
    I am currently in Iraq and am set to return home in July. I plan on buying a 750 Katana. I am based in Washington State and plan to get out of the Army and move back to PA. Since I do not own a truck and obviously cant drive my car and ride at the same time, I need to transport my bike! Ive done some Google searchs and I found a company JC Motorcycle Transport. Has anyone used them? Does anyone recommend another company? Price isnt the issue im more concerned with timely pickup and delivery.

Thanks
    2009 Ninja 250R (For Sale)
    2006 Katana 600

one day i will grow up and learn ta use proper spelling capitalization and grammer today aint gonna be that day tho

ship it with your house hold goods.
    i did this when we PCS'd from CA to DC.
    all the movers required was to disconect the battery and drain the fuel.

Comment

got it. But can I do that with ETS or is it just for PCS?
      2006 Katana 600

one day i will grow up and learn ta use proper spelling capitalization and grammer today aint gonna be that day tho

Comment

Welcome to KR!
        "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LeroyClark View Post
          got it. But can I do that with ETS or is it just for PCS?

the mlitary will move you one last time from you duty assignment to you HOR.

ur single/married (not that im into you)
          ur going back to your HOR?
          have orders?

Comment

Yeah Im married and have to boys, im also going back to my home of record. I've never used the household goods guys cuz I've always heard horror stories about how things are missing and how long it takes to deliver

two*
            Last edited by LeroyClark; 04-18-2010, 06:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            2006 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by LeroyClark View Post
              Yeah Im married and have to boys, im also going back to my home of record. I've never used the household goods guys cuz I've always heard horror stories about how things are missing and how long it takes to deliver

two*

ok pending on your pay grade you are allowed so much weight for shippment. (good thing to remember is that when a company does it the military counts 10% of the total weight to be packaging which doesnot count for total weight) & (you can have up to 300lbs dedicated to military stuff, i.e. u nforms books ect...)

We (me, wife, two boys) shipped our HHG and the weight was right around 9,000lbs. this is to include the bike, washer , dryer, freezer, two kids bedrooms, master bedroom, livivng room, diningroom, kitchen, and tools. as far as them breaking stuff, ya it happens but not if you are on them like flies on #$%^. i allways watch the mover like a hawk. and make them disassamble all furnature. the good news is that the military has changed its way of moving. now you can recieve Full Replacment Value for anything that id broken, damamged or scratched when moving. which means that you have a old tv that costed you 125 7 years ago you get the 175 not the deprecated value of it.

i have attached a copy of the weights allowed.
              ne other ?'s just PM me

Joint Federal Travel Regulations
              Weight Allowances (Pounds)
              Attached Files
              Last edited by solgerny; 04-18-2010, 06:33 PM. Reason: removed stuff

Comment

Thanks alot! I appreciate it.
                2006 Katana 600

Comment

Thank you both for you service to our country...good luck with your planned purchase and your 250 as well.
                  In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut / Yogi Berra

"after the nuclear apocalypse, there will be 6ft tall cockroaches eating twinkies and driving dodge darts, and riding katanas" -- JayBell

Comment

Welcome to KR! Noticed you're from Shamokin. I was born just up the road from there at the Evan hospital in Lewisburg. I still have family in Norry, Milton and Selinsgrove. Hope everything works out for you with shipping the bike. By the way, THANK YOU for all you do for this country!
                    sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
                    2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                    2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Quick question. Why don't you wait till you get back home before buying a bike?

Comment

Welcome to KR!

How about renting a small uhaul and putting the bike in it and drive cross country.....
                        Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                        Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by JIB View Post
                          Quick question. Why don't you wait till you get back home before buying a bike?
                          I am. I dont return home till July. I plan on buying the Katana then! the reason I was asking about a transport is because I get out of the Army soon and I'm based in Washington State but am originally from Pennsylvania and dont own a truck to get it home

Originally posted by Trackerrrr View Post
                          Welcome to KR!

How about renting a small uhaul and putting the bike in it and drive cross country.....
                          Problem is I have a car as well

Originally posted by Pa Kat View Post
                          Welcome to KR! Noticed you're from Shamokin. I was born just up the road from there at the Evan hospital in Lewisburg. I still have family in Norry, Milton and Selinsgrove. Hope everything works out for you with shipping the bike. By the way, THANK YOU for all you do for this country!
                          Anytime. Do you ever ride down in the coal region area ie. Shamokin, Sunbury, Selinsgrove?
                          Last edited by LeroyClark; 04-20-2010, 11:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          2006 Katana 600

Comment

Hi and welcome to the group!
                            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
                            Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
                            R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
                            1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
                            RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
                            3BBB turn signal mirrors,
                            Black painted seat and rear trim,
                            Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Welcome to KR from NC!!! Good Luck with the move and hope ya get a good machine to ride!

Comment

Working...
                              X