X

Finally got my 1st ride in ever.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got my 1st ride in ever.

I have a 2006 KAT with 368 miles on it my freind gave me an unbelievable deal of 2500.00 I finished my MSC this past weekend and got my license wed. So my 1st ride was scary, I learned alot in the class but actually doing it was something else. It was weird going into my 1st curve with a little speed okay not weird but scary as hell. I went for about 20 miles which was far enough my hands were killing me. At one point I actually thought once I get some experience I am actually going to love this riding thing then another curve came up and the pucker effect began again ha ha. I just want to say hello and this site is awesome.

LOL "pucker effect"!!! Welcome!

Yeah i recall the first complete solo ride...was amazing and scary at the same time. All good now though. Enjoy it!
    2004 GSX750F

Comment

Congrats and welcome

Comment

Welcome, on my first ride on the street I remember thinking the wind is to strong today for this. Stopped for a bit and there was no wind. You get used to it real quick. Have fun.

Comment

Welcome to KR!
          "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

congrats, that was a sweet deal!
            oh and...welcome to KR!

Comment

LOL Congrats Man!!! Glad you took the course first. I remember my first ride (Last Year). I had to pick up the bike in the city and drive it 30 miles home. I drove it around the parking lot for a while getting used to the clutch and then headed out. 15 minutes later the sky darkened and we had a huge thunderstorm. I pulled into a parking garage just as the heavens opened up and it poured. Sat around for 30 minutes waiting for it to pass. I had my "finally" moment on a straight 50mph stretch. I knew I made the right decision.
              Currently in the driveway:

02 Ducati 748 Monoposto: Yellow & White
              99 Suzuki Katana 600: Red (Sold to brother but holding at the house)

Comment

Congrats, I got nauseous on my first two rides which were in the canyons. Top speed on speed about 25 mph....you'll get used to sooner than you think.
                http://www.wickedelements.com

^^^^^^

Comment

Welcome to KR, nice deal
                  The supreme happiness of life is the conviction of being loved for yourself, or, more correctly, being loved in spite of yourself.
                  http://myspace.com/solsticio
                  www.facebook.com/solsticios

Comment

Welcome to KR! This site is awesome Always remember that fear - the day you don't have any and think you are invincible on the bike is when you will find out you're not.
                    "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

Welcome!
                      sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                      1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                      2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                      First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                      Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                        2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                        2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Welcome to the KR family. Shipster had some really good advice! You'd be wise to heed it.
                          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                          ------------------------------------------
                          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Welcome!
                            Have fun and ride safe

Comment

welcome, sweat deal on the bike.

Comment

Working...
                              X