X

New guy, new project in NH

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DreKat View Post
    Welcome....what the story on the orange VW in the back ground?
    Thanks for all the welcomes. That VW ran SCCA ProRally, as well as regional and international events, from when it was new in 1973 until the mid-80s, when it was parked until I finally got my hands on it last year. I'm hopefully going to start the restoration of it in the next few months. HotVWs magazine is going to do a multipart article of the history and restoration of it. It was in an article in Popular Mechanixs back in 85 or 86 on the Alcan 5000 rally. A pretty cool little car with an interesting history. I'm still digging into the history but I've been in touch with most of the surviving codrivers and the POs widow.

Here is it in action back in 1980? at the POR in Michigan.

and one from another rally, this the cover of the spectator guide:

If anyone is interested in the story, check out this thread:

Man, I wish this rain would STOP. I think I'm gonna have to start working on an ark instead of my bike.
    Grrrr.

Comment

LOL this rain is crazy. Glad I got a new roof put on the house last week (Thanks to the damn wind storm)

Better get your gear ready though, supposed to be in the mid to high 60's Thursday through Sunday!!!
      Currently in the driveway:

02 Ducati 748 Monoposto: Yellow & White
      99 Suzuki Katana 600: Red (Sold to brother but holding at the house)

Comment

I can't wait. I'm getting my tags tomorrow. Whhhoooooohooooo! Atleast I won't need to wash it!

Comment

Working...
        X