Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Just got my stolen Kat back after 5 years...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my stolen Kat back after 5 years...

Hello everyone. I just got my 04 Kat back after its epic journey in the hands of a theif. I would like to rebuild it. Any help I could get will really be appreciated. I never heard or knew of this site before. I am glad I found a comunity of people centered around this awesome motorcycle. Thanks for reading. -John
    01' Intruder 1400 [Sold 4/10]
    03' VTX 1800 Retro
    04' Katana 750 [Theft Recovery 2/10]

welcome to KR
    how do you get it back after 5 yrs
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

wow

Comment

You just got lucky twice, you got your bike back, and found us.
        Wellcome to KR
        Too old to dream, too young to reason...
        I am fond of my rough edges.
        sigpic

Comment

it was found in deham ma at some kids house along with 40 other bikes.
          03' VTX 1800 Retro

Comment

Wow!! You got your bike back after a five year hiatus! As far as the rebuild I would search the site a little bit and come up with some ideas first and then ask a ton of questions. Welcome to the site and enjoy!
            Former Marine 3/97-3/01
            MOS 0161 Semper FI!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by David F C View Post
              You just got lucky twice, you got your bike back, and found us.
              Wellcome to KR

HA. Not that this is a lauging matter, glad you got your bike back, and glad you found the forum. Lots of people who know a lot of good tips regarding working on bikes.

(I was going to say lots of smart people on here, but we all know the truth!!!)
              sigpic
              "Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike." Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Guessing that it had no theft insurance
                Oh yeah I got tons of questions
                How much was it rode since stolen ?
                Did it get repainted or altered ?
                Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

No insurance, Never repainted, I am guessing never driven due to the fact that the key lock on the gas tank being beaten to death with a screw driver & hammer. The engine is all there, the wiring I think is all there, All the lights, gauges, and plastic are gone. It was plucked off a south boston street between 11am and 3pm (daylight) on a sunday. Of coarse no one seen anything in that neiborhood. sadly enough that is one of the nicest in southie.
                  03' VTX 1800 Retro

Comment

WOW... Welcome to KR!
                    "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

1) Decide whether you want to restore it to stock, or modify it somehow. I'd suggest searching the forums for the word "project" "finished" etc to see what others have done to their Kat.

2) If you want plastic on it (most do) then determine whether you want to buy used plastic and restore it or buy new after market or OEM plastic.

Repeat steps 1 & 2 for mirrors and any other fixtures you might be missing. If you have specific questions then post those in an appropriate forum. Posting in the wrong forum will upset some...not me, but some.
                        Some people are primarily positive, others negative. Some argue about whether the glass is half full or half empty. Me? I drink the contents and call it empty.

Comment

Thank you all for the warm welcomes.
                          03' VTX 1800 Retro

Comment

wow found among 40 bikes huh? Well im sure there are 39 other people that are very happy this knuckle head got caught! And welcome to KR BTW!
                            Joker
                            The newest addition to the Family!
                            sigpic
                            stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Quite a journey that bike has had.
                              Q. "What do you think when you see a pretty girl walking down the street" -A. "One side of me says, 'I'd like to talk to her, date her'. The other side of me says , 'I wonder how her head would look on a stick?"

Comment

Working...
                              X