New member, old kat rider

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member, old kat rider

Hi all,

1991 750 gsxf, since 1992 14k miles. New problem. Over the winter, went to the carwash washed off the bike and filled up the gas, she spilled the whole tank of fuel on the driveway after I got home. Replaced the fuel lines from the tank to the carbs. (small crack in one). Opened up all 4 carbs. Look reasonably clean nothing seems to be sticking. Blew a little compressed air everywhere.. doesn’t seem to be anything stopped up...got everything back together, held a half tank for about 2 weeks, weather got cold and she coughed up a little fuel (seems like overflow tube - maybe), tried to start & got it going on 3 cylinders but she spit up all the fuel again almost spontaneously, gas everywhere, front of block, on pipes etc...hate to take it to the shop and spend big money. Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by tejasandre; 02-16-2010, 06:30 PM. Reason: detail
    Tejasandre

Hi welcome to KR. I sure someone here will be able to help you this is a great site.
    Your damned if you do, and your damned if you don't (Bart Simpson)

Comment

thanks daslex. hope so, had to kick the kat out of the garage like a bad dog for peeing on the floor.
      Tejasandre

Comment

My first move would be to check the clip at the petcock, and the second would be the clip that connects between the 2nd and 3rd carb on the T joint. Good luck. Seems like an easy fix, but I'm only posting my experiences.
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Welcome to KR!
          "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

welcome to KR.......
            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Welcome to KR!
              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                  Q. "What do you think when you see a pretty girl walking down the street" -A. "One side of me says, 'I'd like to talk to her, date her'. The other side of me says , 'I wonder how her head would look on a stick?"

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!
                    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Welcome!
                      sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                      1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                      2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                      First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                      Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

welcome to KR. My virago had stab put in it and then the carb float stuck and fuel went everywhere. I would start by checking the fuel lines then carb float and bowl needle and seat.

Let us know the problem when you find it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR.

Comment

Welcome to KR from NC! Good Luck with fixing your machine!!!

Comment

Welcome to KR...never had that problem...sorry I can't offer much assistance.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Working...
                              X