No announcement yet.
X

female rider restoring 93 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow no way thats the same bike- awesome job!!!!!

Comment

Wow missed the intro...welcome and hell of a job

Comment

yes..you did a VERY good job restoring that bike.... very nice
        Originally posted by Slofuze:
        Some people simply talk sh*t because they don't know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, they reproduce.....and why we have sh*t all around us.

Comment

Originally posted by crusorider View Post
          Thanks guys, its been quite a process. All I really wanted to do was change the rear sprocket. Ha.....Krey, you move to Weaverville?
          I did indeed move just a couple of weeks ago. Bought a house with a garage and everything.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Sweet ride. Did you paint it yourself, or have it done?
            Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

Oh rattle can all the way! I laid the stripes with post its and will now SWEAR by frogtape. 1500grit paper removed the orange peel that invariably showed up once clear went on black, but I advise that final polishing step regardless of finish - adds depth to the paint.
              The only "painting" I didn't do on the bike is the exhaust, which I had professionally ceramic coated.

Comment

Originally posted by crusorider View Post
                Oh rattle can all the way! I laid the stripes with post its and will now SWEAR by frogtape. 1500grit paper removed the orange peel that invariably showed up once clear went on black, but I advise that final polishing step regardless of finish - adds depth to the paint.
                The only "painting" I didn't do on the bike is the exhaust, which I had professionally ceramic coated.

Did you go to a local place for the ceramic coat? If you don't mind me asking, about what what was the cost?

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Hey, welcome to KR! I've got a couple of things:

1) WOW!!! Excellent job on the bike! That SOB went from parts on the floor of your "garage" (which is creative as hell, keep the pully system and forget the jack!) toa sharp looking fighter! I like the turns in the back...!

2)Wow! When I first opened this thread, there were 4 pages...now, about 20 min later it's upto 9!!!! Holy S*** LOL

3) Not to be sexist but yes, I am amazed at females who have good or better wrenching abilities (as I'm used to dealing with women who break down and cry when they have a flat in the parking lot...):-/ I hope that the women on this board take that as a compliment and not a bust on the fairer sex at large :-p

4) Learning is usually a slow, painful and expensive process (regardless of sex) as Murphy's law (an undertaking will take 2x's as long and cost twice as much as originally expected). It appears that you, however, are using the Matrix direct information upload to your brain!

Do you have any prior wrenching experience? Work on dragsters or jets for example? LOL I'm utterly stunned that a person who claims little experience just pulled a bike together like that. My first one a friend pretty much walked me through everything and I had a fair few years experience on cars.

Comment

Welcome to katriders. Good luck with everything and keep up the updates. Btw, girls working on bikes is like Spanish fly. Why would anyone dog that?

Comment

That looks great !!! Bravo
                      2000 Katana 600
                      2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Coating was not locally done, though I hear NC-based JetHot does nice work. Thought I'd throw a small time operation a bone and went with Delaware-based "powder barons". Their estimate was $150, but they took so long to complete that they comp'd the job.

And yes, maybe I undershot the intro. I wouldn't have worked on the bike if I thought it was a salvage and I wouldn't have worked on it without confidence in my abilities. But the bottom line is that if you are an intellegent, dilligent individual you can do this work.
                        Though in the name of honesty, some things I was just not strong enough to do. Now THAT'S a blow to the ego yall.

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by Danskat View Post
                            3) Not to be sexist but yes, I am amazed at females who have good or better wrenching abilities (as I'm used to dealing with women who break down and cry when they have a flat in the parking lot...):-/ I hope that the women on this board take that as a compliment and not a bust on the fairer sex at large :-p
                            Damn straight I'm gonna break down and cry if I get a flat tire in the parking lot! If I break down and cry, some man is going to fix it for me. If I look smart and capable, that same man is just going to leer at my boobs and butt while I fix it. Being seemingly pathetic has it's advantages.

Cruso - Great job. If you need any help with those carbs or just wanna show off a bit in person, let Kreylyn and I know.
                            Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Badfaerie View Post
                              Damn straight I'm gonna break down and cry if I get a flat tire in the parking lot! If I break down and cry, some man is going to fix it for me. If I look smart and capable, that same man is just going to leer at my boobs and butt while I fix it. Being seemingly pathetic has it's advantages.
                              i suppose we should classify that under a woman's intuition? lol

good job op

Comment

or maybe womens' lib?
                                I'm sure it comes as a shock but I am able to change a flat. And think, hey while I'm down here why not new rotors, pads, lift kit, suspension . . .
                                And when Mr. FixIt strides up to save the day he'll get a response similar to the one he'd get if caught leering. Listen guy, I'd let you touch but you'd probably just get it wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X