New Bike!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bike!

Hey, Y'all!

I just bought my first bike. A 1995 Suzuki GSX 600 F Katana. Before I bought it I had only ever driven a bike once before, to disasterous results. (Hospital for three days, broken wrist, ancle, road rash...) I decided to get back up on the pony after 4 years and get over my fear of crashing again. I've heard that the Katana is a great starter bike.

I'll post pics asap.

Welcome to KR.

Good luck with your new ride
    2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Originally posted by 1337Kat View Post
      Hey, Y'all!

I just bought my first bike. A 1995 Suzuki GSX 600 F Katana. Before I bought it I had only ever driven a bike once before, to disasterous results. (Hospital for three days, broken wrist, ancle, road rash...) I decided to get back up on the pony after 4 years and get over my fear of crashing again. I've heard that the Katana is a great starter bike.

I'll post pics asap.
      im new also, and my first bike is also a kat 600. but im hearing so many crash stories! i'm almost heartbroken in advance for my new machine that i love. what happened to you 4 years ago? did you maybe need to start on something smaller? did you take the riding class first? will u this time?
      previous rides
      06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
      next ride - another kat

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Best thing you can do is to take a class. It will teach you all the basics that you need.
        Q. "What do you think when you see a pretty girl walking down the street" -A. "One side of me says, 'I'd like to talk to her, date her'. The other side of me says , 'I wonder how her head would look on a stick?"

Comment

Welcome to kr ... I like the story ,i know how to ride a bike then they go down the end of the street and crash ... Herd that one more then once ..............ride safe and dont take chances

Comment

4 years ago I borrowed my dad's 1980s yamaha 400 special for my first ride ever. We lived on a dirt road so I had to travel a couple of miles to get to pavement. Well I got to the end of the dirt road just fine but there was a dip up to the paved road where the dirt had been worn away. I tried to get past it and killed the bike. Well I tried it again and gave it a little too much juice. I crossed into the oncoming lane and crashed into a minivan that was going 55 mph.

I got the bike on Friday so my saturday and sunday were filled with parking lot practice. I think I've overcome my fear and the practice did me a world of good.

Does anyone know where there might be classes in the SLC, Utah area?

Comment

Welcome to KR
              The supreme happiness of life is the conviction of being loved for yourself, or, more correctly, being loved in spite of yourself.
              http://myspace.com/solsticio
              www.facebook.com/solsticios

Comment

Originally posted by 1337Kat View Post
                4 years ago I borrowed my dad's 1980s yamaha 400 special for my first ride ever. We lived on a dirt road so I had to travel a couple of miles to get to pavement. Well I got to the end of the dirt road just fine but there was a dip up to the paved road where the dirt had been worn away. I tried to get past it and killed the bike. Well I tried it again and gave it a little too much juice. I crossed into the oncoming lane and crashed into a minivan that was going 55 mph.

I got the bike on Friday so my saturday and sunday were filled with parking lot practice. I think I've overcome my fear and the practice did me a world of good.

Does anyone know where there might be classes in the SLC, Utah area?
                Dirt's a hard thing to try on your first ride. I did my first dirt driveway a couple weeks ago, it was about a 1/4 mile long and had about 100 people at the other end to watch me if I fell. I just stayed in the friction zone and didn't touch the front brakes at all... I made it in and out just fine

Good luck with the bike, and hopefully you can find some classes out there... they are well worth the money.
                Project "I wear my sunglasses at night" is complete: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103420

Comment

yep the kat is a great starter bike. Welcome to KR.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders
                    2007 Honda CBR600rr
                    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                    sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR!!! Accidents happen to the best so ride on!!! Someone once told me there's 2 types of riders: those who've been down and those who will go down! Seen my share!

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                        "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by H-2 CHARLIE View Post
                          Welcome to kr ... I like the story ,i know how to ride a bike then they go down the end of the street and crash ... Herd that one more then once ..............ride safe and dont take chances
                          That's the story of my buddy's 636. One of his friends said "oh yeah, I know how to ride. I've ridden a bunch of bikes". He gave him the keys, the kid got on, and rocketed out of the driveway, directly into the side of a moving car. He didn't make it even 30 feet! We pieced it back together from ebay parts, since his insurance wouldn't cover it, and the kid refused to pay for anything.
                          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Welcome man. Ride safe and lets see some pics
                            sigpic
                            Navy Vet
                            1998 B12
                            00 GSX 600F(sold)

Comment

welcome and take your motorcycle safety course before getting on this one. you don't want a repeat.
                              this is the best icon eva

Comment

Working...
                              X