X

getting ready for winter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting ready for winter

I am getting ready to perminatly park my bike in the garage for the winter. In Denver, it probably won't start to get warm enough to ride untill March at the earliest.
    So my question to all of you is, What do I need to do, if anything, to "winterize" my Kat?
    I will drain the gas, unplugg the battery, etc. Anything else anyone else would recommend doing..

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Did you try the search feature? There's many topics on that. Here is the one I followed. http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=89155
    -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks, will take a look at it, sure it will help.

Comment

hello,and welcome,what I would do

Originally posted by justinboyce View Post
        I am getting ready to perminatly park my bike in the garage for the winter. In Denver, it probably won't start to get warm enough to ride untill March at the earliest.
        So my question to all of you is, What do I need to do, if anything, to "winterize" my Kat?
        I will drain the gas, unplugg the battery, etc. Anything else anyone else would recommend doing..

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
        I would buy a battery tender,so you can start It now and then.

Comment

In the winter don't start it now and then because it would create unnecessary condensation in the winter time. The battery tender is recommended though.
          -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
          sigpic

Comment

I stored mine for over 18 months.. Started right up once I added gas.
            My secret? WD40
            I cranked over the bike while spraying it into the carbs.

Comment

Working...
            X