X
X

CYBER POET DIED tonight 9/20/09

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG!!! Im in total shock, dont know what to really say.. I met marc in person, he's a was a great guy.. You will be greatly missed my friend.. I wish your family and GF the best and my condolences..

Pegs down for a while...
    2001 Kawasaki zx1100

2000 Kat 750, in 600 Yellow. (GONE but not forgotten)

Bike pics link: http://s422.photobucket.com/albums/pp310/smitty600/

Comment

• I'm absolutely at a loss for words. CP was one of the handful of people that really hold the whole board together. It's definitely a sad day for so many. I can't begin to say all the things in my head. What a wealth of information that was lost. I always meant to make it to the rally, so I could talk to him in person. Keep us updated on things. If the funeral is going to be open to the KR community, I'll do my best to make it down.
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

• There isn't much I can say at this point that hasn't been said.
        This is truly a loss for KR. But since I am never at a loss for words..

Marc's knowledge about Katanas made for a lion's share of the information on this site. Whether you describe him as the "answer to the question no one asked" or trusted guru, Marc was a Force Majeure des Katanas. He did quite literally write the book.
        Marc and I didn't always see eye to eye. I'm not sure our personalities would have meshed in real world but I highly respected his opinions even when I didn't agree with them.
        We were go-to-guy's for each other. Within the confines of this board,at least, I don't think we trusted anyone's intelligence, knowledge and technical expertise more. We checked in with each other on subjects as varied as the weight per ml of deuterium oxide to the work of Irving Penn.
        Within minutes after reporting to KR that some of my tools had been stolen, my paypal account was $100 richer. When I gratefully declined, 25 pounds of tools arrived Via USPS.. Something that still gets me dirty looks from the postman.
        KR the site, the members, the concept are all in shadow in the wake of this loss. However as long as KR exists, as long as Katanas are on the road. Marc's knowledge, his contributions and his spirit will remain.

Be at peace Marc, may we meet when the wheel brings us to the same place. May the gods and goddesses welcome you. Let them bring your loved ones comfort and may you visit us when we need you.

Pegs down...

Comment

• Cyberpoet was directly responsible for injecting new life into my katana because of his extensive knowledge and the parts he offered. I never had the pleasure of meeting him personally but that did not stop him from offering unsurpassed assistance with my problems and questions. This is truly a sad day.
          "The Lord will be awesome to them, for He will reduce to nothing all the gods of the earth; people shall worship Him, each one from his place, indeed all the shores of the nations." - Zeph. 2:11

Comment

• RIP Marc
            I'm very happy for having known to the rally...
            My thoughts go out to his girl friend, family and friends...

Comment

• God speed CP..... You will be missed.
              http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
              http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
              '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
              "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
              "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

• Oh no. I dunno what to say. I never got to meet Marc in person but always loved his posts and information. He will be missed. RIP marc. The roads in heaven are always twisty and there's never any cages.
                Black IS the fastest color!

Comment

• Very sad, RIP CP
                  I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, but when a had a question I just PM and there was my answer back the same day.
                  My toughts and prayers will be with his family and frinds.

Descansa en Paz Marc!!!
                  The supreme happiness of life is the conviction of being loved for yourself, or, more correctly, being loved in spite of yourself.
                  http://myspace.com/solsticio
                  www.facebook.com/solsticios

Comment

• I have no idea what to say....He was ddefinitely one of a kind. I first met Marc in '05. My first rally....He was a world of knowledge and liked to have fun just as much as of the rest.
                    I have tears of saddness and anger...This is just not right!!

My thoughts and prayers are with Marc's family and friends....as well as my KR family!!!
                    KARA

I'm a whole lotta woman, but a whole lotta fun!

Comment

• Very, very sad news ...

RIP Cyberpoet
                      ~ Lisa
                      2005 CBR 600RR (nicely modified)
                      2005 CBR 600RR Track Toy "Frank"

My motorcycle, my dogs (Piper & Capone - the Pet Bulls) and a cold beer ... what more could a girl ask for???

www.austinsbr.com and www.txsbr.com

Comment

• Ohhmy god no!!!!!!!!!! I can't express the horror I feel right now. Marc you will be missed, and I know you are reading this from heaven. This can't be happening! I will miss you tremendously, you taught me so much. RIP my friend
                        May the road rise up to meet you.
                        May the wind always be at your back.
                        May the sun shine warm upon your face,
                        and rains fall soft upon your fields.
                        And until we meet again,
                        May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
                        RIP Marc

Comment

• RIP that really sucks more than words can express... Best wishes to his family and girlfriend.

Comment

• This is a shock. As a member for a year or so, i have read many posts by CP, just an incredible wealth of knowledge on the katana, amongst other topics. This is a huge loss for this community. My thoughts go out to his family, and also to those who knew him personally through this and other sites. This truly is a sad time.

Comment

• A loss to KR, motorcycling and the world in gerenal. Never having met Marc in person I feel like I have missed out on meeting one of the few great people left in the world.

RIP Cyberpoet, a friend to us all.
                              Originally posted by arsenic
                              93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

• Oh my goodness...I'm in shock. RIP Cyber..you were one of the best.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X