CYBER POET DIED tonight 9/20/09

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Newbie2it View Post
    To the Admin/Mods/Paula.

Since Marc's no longer with us unfortunately, but his wealth and knowledge on Kats and motorcycles in general was well researched, and is still with us on this site. I do see an inadvertent lose of his wisdom possibly ahead.

Marc has some very well thought out directions posted on his "Motorcycleanchor.com" website. Since Marc's obviously not here to maintain that site, it would be a shame for his words to be lost.

Would it be possible to get the info from his site transfered to this site so that info isn't lost if that site does close down? The section(s) I am referring to is http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/moto...owto_main.html and http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/moto...rm_select.html and http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/katana/index.html
    Not stuff for sale, Just great info in general.

Hoping this isn't coming across the wrong way to everyone involved. Paula, My apologies if it is. I was merely looking to preserve the wealth of info Marc had already given us. I don't know what the future holds for Motorcycleanchor.com, However I know theres a wealth of knowledge there. I'd just like to preserve it for future rider/readers.

Transferring this info would mean nothing to myself since I haven't been on a kat for some time now, However I think his words and info could help some new riders just throwing a leg over a bike called a Katana that they just bought as their first bike.

Seriously not trying to come off wrongly here.
    Paul
    It is good that the website will stay live for a while, but in any case I have saved all the webpage in the How-To section as PDFs.
    If the website is closed at some point and someone wants the info, I should have it.

Comment

• I have all of Marc's information saved. If for some reason his sites go away, I will make it available here.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

• I haven't been on the site lately until just yesterday. I'm devastated by this news.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Comment

• I was devastated when Range told me. RIP Cyberpoet.
          "Of what is significant in one's own existence one is hardly aware, and it certainly should not bother the other fellow. What does a fish know about the water in which he swims all his life?" -- Einstein

sadrik
          00 Blue VFR800, '99 Blue Katana 750

Comment

• Just logged back on after a while away, Can't quite believe it!!!

Ride on Cyberpoet you will be sorely missed by all.

Comment

• Just read about cyber he was always there when i had a ? . He will be missed dearly RIP CP
              When the Job and Wife gives U Hell take the Xtra long way to them

Comment

• Its been a long while since i have logged in even longer since my last post. I just jumped on to show my girl a funny video. i went to important announcements and cold chills ran through me. Man, that is f-ed up. Cyber, you always, spoke kindly and expertly, I wish i could have met you in person. RIP Marc.
                a voice came to me and said, sacrifice that which you love the most (my girl and my bikes)
                so i lied and gave up my girl.

Comment

• I haven't been here long, nor do I come here often. I stumbled across this thread after posting a question yesterday. Came back today and I was curious as to why I had answers, but none from Cyberpoet. One quick search later and I'm reading this thread. Seems like every time I would search the forums for an answer to a question, the most informative I would find had his name next to it. Judging by what little I've seen and the small amount of correspondence I had with him myself, the man that showed through behind every post is one I would have been proud to call friend.

RIP, man. You will be sorely missed.
                  1997 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
                  1993 Suzuki Katana 600 [Sold]
                  1982 Yamaha Maxim 400 [Sold]

Comment

• CP was THE guy who convinced me to chose a Kat. Always had a kind word and lent a helping hand.

RIP Marc.
                    Wherever you turn, wherever you go, if you get it wrong the least you can know: there's miles and miles to put it back together.
                    G. Tipton, R. Halford, K. Downing

sigpic

Comment

• I just logged in yesterday after a long time and read the sad news. It is always painful to witness or hear of a fatal motorbike accident. What a loss to his family, friends and katana riders.

Eventhough I didnt know him personally or never communicated with him via email, I feel like I have lost a family member. He was for sure a great guy! His posts showed that he had a huge knowledge about motorbikes, and he was willing to share this knowledge with everyone. Respect for that.

RIP Cyberpoet
                      Last edited by Ixil; 11-19-2009, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• Whoever said that time heals everything was full of it. Every time I'm on here, some topic will come up that could really use Marc's insight, and every time I just can't believe he's gone.

On the other hand, whoever came up with the stages of trauma was absolutely right. I spent some time in denial, expecting to get an email from him saying that he was alive, and was just using an accident as a way to bow out of KR. That email never came, and now I think it's so ridiculous that I could even think that way. I'll still be waiting for that email, even though it won't come.
                        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

• I miss those late-nite repleys / seeing his name in green pop up and out

Comment

• i was doing my valves for the first time and kept thinking to myself that if he was still around I would have been blowing up his phone asking for help.
                            May the road rise up to meet you.
                            May the wind always be at your back.
                            May the sun shine warm upon your face,
                            and rains fall soft upon your fields.
                            And until we meet again,
                            May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
                            RIP Marc

Comment

• Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                              Whoever said that time heals everything was full of it. Every time I'm on here, some topic will come up that could really use Marc's insight, and every time I just can't believe he's gone.

No kidding. My wife was saying the same thing the other day. She comes on every once in a while just to kill some time and said she misses reading his posts. Never dull or mundane. Always worth the read.

Last week, Raquel wanted to have some friends over. Lisa asked what do you think they'd like to have for dinner. Totally not thinking, the first thing out of her mouth, "Let's make some Marc Steaks!" (as we call them). We all just stopped and looked at each other for a moment.

Every time I read something in our "God" thread I find myself waiting for a well-written, 20 paragraph post that would challenge me, frustrate me, agree with, or cause me to really use the gray matter. All with the utmost respect and care.
                              sigpic

Comment

• I came across a resurrected thread the other day that he'd posted heavily in. It was kinda surreal reading his words, especially since I'd never seen the post before. Honestly... my pegs are still down. I can't bring myself to put them back up.
                                Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Working...
                                X