X

CYBER POET DIED tonight 9/20/09

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tokalosh View Post
    I would give anything in the world to attend, but as I'm a few thousand miles from you please could you provide me with an address to send some flowers or someone who could read something out for me at CP's memorial gathering.

Thanks

Tokalosh, .....the United Kingdom

I guess you could send flowers to my apartment and I can take some of them out to the beach the day of the service. At least here they will be seen and enjoyed for a while, instead of just a few hours during the service. It is not viable to have the flowers delivered to the beach, so this is the next best place.

And you can send me whatever you want to say and I'll have someone read it at the service. You can PM me on here and I'll get it.

Comment

• Still hard to believe cyberpoet is really gone. Will miss his wisdom and his genuine caring ways. RIP my friend.
      We intimidate those who intimidate others.
      Stay Alert! Stay Alive!

Comment

• I'll be there!
        myspace
        2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

• I,ll be there.
          I Quit KatRiders!

Comment

• I'll be there, Paula.

Comment

• I will be there as well
              May the road rise up to meet you.
              May the wind always be at your back.
              May the sun shine warm upon your face,
              and rains fall soft upon your fields.
              And until we meet again,
              May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
              RIP Marc

Comment

• Wish I could be there.
                Originally posted by katanawarrior
                I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

• My sincerest condolences... Rest In Peace CP

Comment

• Paula Called me today and ask me to set up a Memorial Ride from Honeymoon Island to Jason's house
                    Google Map Link Below

Pace for this Will be moderate. We are not out on this day to prove to the world how fast we can go. You Know the Drill, Helmets and Gear. PM me if you are in attendance for this Run. and How many.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rodimus View Post
                      Paula Called me today and ask me to set up a Memorial Ride from Honeymoon Island to Jason's house
                      Google Map Link Below

Pace for this Will be moderate. We are not out on this day to prove to the world how fast we can go. You Know the Drill, Helmets and Gear. PM me if you are in attendance for this Run. and How many.

unfortunatly I will have to work after the service. Wish I could be there. Looking forward to meeting you , although under different circumstances would be better.
                      May the road rise up to meet you.
                      May the wind always be at your back.
                      May the sun shine warm upon your face,
                      and rains fall soft upon your fields.
                      And until we meet again,
                      May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
                      RIP Marc

Comment

• Some day I'll kick myself for not dropping everything and going...If I could, I would. Marc was about the most righteous dude I ever met and hung with. (allbeit just three days)

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

• I wish I could be there as well.
                          It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by professa_riddler View Post
                            Hey everyone.. I would like to suggest something and hopefully it can get picked up by the mods, admin, and everyone else. Maybe instead of sending flowers, we can do a sale that would benefit his family and loved ones. Maybe we can sell a t-shirt which features the above banner (with permission from Tom) and the two poems recently posted ( the Robert Frost poem that was part of his avatar and the poem Nero posted from Marc's site) on the front or back or both.
                            I think that would be a fitting tribute for a person who seemed to have touched a lot of people. We can probably sell off two versions of this, one for now that everyone who is doing the local tribute ride thing can wear and another version that we could respectfully wear for the upcoming rally that he frequented.
                            Majority of the proceeds would go to his family and loved ones. I'm putting it out there and hopefully it gets picked up by others.
                            Maybe we can do this...just a thought.

Feedback?
                            I think that this is an awesome idea...I myself not really knowing Marc/CP would still buy one and proudly wear it!

Originally posted by siren451 View Post
                            Planning to have the memorial service on Friday, Oct 9th or Saturday Oct 10th. I want to make sure everyone who wants to attend can, so let me know it you prefer one day or the other. It will be held at Honeymoon Island State Park on the dog beach, one of his favorite places to go with me. More details will follow as they are figured out.

I will be checking back here to determine which day it better for everyone. Thanks
                            -Paula
                            Wish I'd met you & Marc, but unfortunately never had the opportunity...I am great friends with Rodimus and I know that he will truly miss Marc. Wish I had my own bike to be at the ride on Saturday, but I will be thinking of everyone there as well as remembering Marc. When Rodi called me the day after Marc's passing I was completely astonished and don't even remember how I actually made it thru the day at work. My deepest sympathies go out to you and even though I don't know you and didn't know Marc...feel free to e-mail me anytime at [email protected]
                            Last edited by suzukikatgrl750; 10-04-2009, 10:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            SKG

Comment

• Originally posted by professa_riddler View Post
                              Hey everyone.. I would like to suggest something and hopefully it can get picked up by the mods, admin, and everyone else. Maybe instead of sending flowers, we can do a sale that would benefit his family and loved ones. Maybe we can sell a t-shirt which features the above banner (with permission from Tom) and the two poems recently posted ( the Robert Frost poem that was part of his avatar and the poem Nero posted from Marc's site) on the front or back or both.
                              I think that would be a fitting tribute for a person who seemed to have touched a lot of people. We can probably sell off two versions of this, one for now that everyone who is doing the local tribute ride thing can wear and another version that we could respectfully wear for the upcoming rally that he frequented.
                              Majority of the proceeds would go to his family and loved ones. I'm putting it out there and hopefully it gets picked up by others.
                              Maybe we can do this...just a thought.

Feedback?

Well, actually, Marc designed several t-shirts with the frost poems amongst other sayings and images.

For those interested in purchasing one of the t-shirts I designed in memory of Marc, you can reach Marc's store at Cafepress by clicking the link below:
                              Looking for the ideal Gifts? Come check out our giant selection of T-Shirts, Mugs, Tote Bags, Stickers and More. CafePress brings your passions to life with the perfect item for every occasion. ✓Free Returns ✓100% Satisfaction Guarantee ✓Fast Shipping

The t-shirt I designed is available for men and women in all sizes and a woman's tank top. It is called "What Would Marc Do?" as I find myself asking myself that question everyday since his passing. I don't know what I will do without him.

Other t-shirts that Marc designed are also available for purchase, such as the "miles to go before I sleep" shirt, his poem "the road sketches onward" shirt and the shirt he originally designed for me "Hot female MC".

The shirts are fairly priced... I believe Marc only got a couple bucks back off each one sold.

Comment

Working...
                              X