X

CYBER POET DIED tonight 9/20/09

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HS2020 View Post
    Paula is there something else for those of us not able to attend can do? Was there a charity he was involved with that donations can be made in his name? Let us know about that.

+1

Also, it would be nice if the memorial could be videotaped and posted here.

Comment

• Originally posted by delkampg View Post
      i was wondering about the quote in the banner, i just realized it came from a Quintin terrintino movie and was just curious why that one was picked?
      It is a Robert Frost Poem, very famous. Marc liked it and used it as his signature tag line. He also thought it went well with riding.

Comment

• Wow. I haven't signed in here for some time and this is what I see. I can hardly post this through the tears welling up in my eyes. For someone I've never personally met, that says a lot.

I didn't know Marc well, but spoke with him on the phone a few times and had many conversations with him here both public and in PM. Like everyone else *has mentioned, he was an invaluable resource and a very kind man. Condolences to his family, may he rest in peace.

Goodbye for now, friend.
        Last edited by Wheel; 09-30-2009, 03:04 PM. Reason: left out a few key words. Hey was not "like everyone else." He was a better.

Comment

• The world is a changing place. I am mourning a person that I new well but have never me. May God be with you and your family. You will be forever missed her on the Katriders site.

You Canadian friend.

Rodney aka Ontariokatana
          Forgiveness is what defines us. For without forgiveness, humans would have annihilated themselves with endless retributions.

2004 600 Kat

Billet Aluminum frame clamps and custom delrin sliders for 98+ Kats
          http://www.burley1.ca

Comment

• Originally posted by HS2020 View Post
            Paula is there something else for those of us not able to attend can do? Was there a charity he was involved with that donations can be made in his name? Let us know about that.
            As for a charity... I can tell you Marc was not into giving to charities so much, he thought they were mostly scams. He was more direct in helping people. He always helped his friends and me no matter how much or what it was we needed. He often helped homeless people on the side of the road by giving them money or food. Once he gave a homeless guy that approached us in a parking lot 100 bucks. So, I would say if you really want to do something in Marc's name, then remember him the next time you see a vagabond on the street, or hiding in an alley, and make their day by slipping them a 100 or so. I don't have to tell you all on KR, Marc was all about helping his fellow man, even prefect strangers.

Originally posted by katana bob View Post
            +1

Also, it would be nice if the memorial could be videotaped and posted here.
            yes, we are working on getting someone to record it and plan to post it on KR and youtube.
            Last edited by siren451; 09-30-2009, 01:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• well been off of here for a view weeks !log in today to see this .man this is very said very said .r.i.p marc. i didnt know him ,never met ,just on pm's and reading all his post on all sorts of stuff.i learned from him just through his post's .he was always quick to help you out in your time of need.always giving good advice .he will be very missed !to his family,friends my deepest sympathies go out to you .
              • i see you 2006 katana 600!!!! R.I.P. CP

Comment

• I am new to katriders, I see that cyber poet was a great person and a great asset to KatRiders. Condolences to all family and friends, RIP man.

Comment

• Being a newb here I've noticed Cyberpoet is a big name around here in the past few months I've been a member. A big loss all around and his presence will be missed. Very saddening.
                  Car please stop wasting my time and use your blinker!

Comment

• I don't know if anybody else would be up for it but people from each state could possibly organize a memorial ride in memory of CP? Its just a thought. I didn't know him very well at all but its still like I lost a friend and comrad.

Comment

• OMG...I don't know what else to say, this seems like a April Fools joke but I know it's true.

RIP Cyberpoet

My condolences to his girlfriend, his family and his friends, there are tough times ahead but don't forget KR is a family, we'll always be here.

Comment

• I never had the pleasure of meeting CP but in a way I feel that I knew him thru KR. Truley a big loss to our family here. You will be sorely missed CP, thoughts and prayers go out to you and all those close to you.
                        Pegs down
                        As we look deeply within, we understand our perfect balance. There is no fear of the cycle of birth, life and death. For when you stand in the present moment, you are timeless.
                        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

• Rest In Peace CP. May your pavement be smooth, the roads twistie, the views spectacular, the beverages cold, the food great and may your ride last forever.

You will be sorely missed.
                          If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

• Memorial Gathering Details:

Marc S. A. Glasgow (aka the Cyberpoet) born September 23, 1965 died in a fatal motorcycle accident September 20, 2009 just days before his 44th birthday. In honor of his wishes and his all around nature, he was cremated and his ashes will be returned to the primordial abyss. A memorial gathering will be held in his honor on October 10, 2009, at 2:00pm at Honeymoon Island State Park dog beach (directions and link to google map to the park are below and signs will be posted to direct attendees to the exact gathering place on the beach). He loved to take me and our dogs out to the beach and enjoy the sunset, so I thought this would be an apropos location to hold the service and disperse his remains. Anyone can attend. We will gather at 2:00pm... once everyone has arrived there will be a time of remembrance, where those who wish to say a few words can do so. I will then say a few words about Marc and his friends. Finally, I and a few close friends will ride out on a boat to scatter his remains. If you are interested in joining me on the boat please let me know. I can't promise you will be included, but I will make that decision based on what I think Marc would want. At this point, others can either wait on the beach until we return or continue on to the next event. Any fellow motorcyclists in attendance can then proceed with the memorial ride (please refer to the katrider.com website for details on the memorial ride). Everyone is also invited to attend a celebration of his life, which will be held at Jason Wojick's home in Hudson, Florida, starting around 6:00pm. Directions to Jason Wojick's home from Honeymoon Island State Park are below. His address is 10414 Kim Lane, Hudson, Fl 34669 if you want to look it up on Google. A map to his home will also be included on the memorial keepsake we will be distributing at the beach gathering. For motorcyclists participating in a memorial ride, there are several paths that can be taken if you all want to begin the ride at Honeymoon Island beach and end at Jason's place. . Food and drinks will be provided at the celebration of life gathering.

In addition, I am designing a t-shirt in memory of Marc that will be available on cafepress.com for purchase. If anyone is interested, email me and I will send a link to the page where it can be purchased.

We are trying to make arrangements to video tape the memorial gathering events as well, for those who can not attend.

Honeymoon Island State Park
                            Directions: Honeymoon Island State Park is located at the extreme west end of S.R.586, north of Dunedin. From I-75 (north of Tampa): I-75 south to I-275 south towards Tampa. Follow I-275 south to Hillsborough Ave west (SR-580). Take SR 580 west to SR-586 fork then left. Follow SR-586 into park. From I-75 (south of Tampa): I-75 north to I-4. I-4 to I-275 north. I-275 to Hillsborough Ave west (SR-580). SR-580 west to SR-586 fork then left. Follow SR-586 west into park.
                            View Google Map: http://local.google.com/local?f=q&hl=en&q=28.06075589570,-82.81878038290&ll=28.060771,-82.818718&spn=0.075135,0.171661
                            1 Causeway Blvd. Dunedin, FL
                            727-469-5942

Honeymoon Island State Park to Jason Wojick's Home for Celebration of Life Gathering
                            10414 Kim Lane, Hudson, Fl 34669
                            Take Dunedin Causeway from Park. Continue on Curlew Road to US 19 N. Take US 19 North (Left) to State Road 52. Turn Right on State Road 52 past Little Road to Hicks Road. Make a Left on Hicks Road. Take the second Right, Chestnut Road. Take a Right on Kim Lane. Jason's is the 4th house on the Left.

If anyone has any questions, Please do not hesitate to call me (Paula) 813-910-1500.
                            Last edited by siren451; 10-01-2009, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• I would give anything in the world to attend, but as I'm a few thousand miles from you please could you provide me with an address to send some flowers or someone who could read something out for me at CP's memorial gathering.

Thanks

Tokalosh, .....the United Kingdom

Comment

• Originally posted by Tokalosh View Post
                                I would give anything in the world to attend, but as I'm a few thousand miles from you please could you provide me with an address to send some flowers or someone who could read something out for me at CP's memorial gathering.

Thanks

Tokalosh, .....the United Kingdom
                                Tok,
                                Try sending a PM to kidblooper. He can probably put you in touch with someone from the FL crew.
                                -Steve

sigpic
                                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                                X