X

CYBER POET DIED tonight 9/20/09

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by professa_riddler View Post
    Hey everyone.. I would like to suggest something and hopefully it can get picked up by the mods, admin, and everyone else. Maybe instead of sending flowers, we can do a sale that would benefit his family and loved ones. Maybe we can sell a t-shirt which features the above banner (with permission from Tom) and the two poems recently posted ( the Robert Frost poem that was part of his avatar and the poem Nero posted from Marc's site) on the front or back or both.
    I think that would be a fitting tribute for a person who seemed to have touched a lot of people. We can probably sell off two versions of this, one for now that everyone who is doing the local tribute ride thing can wear and another version that we could respectfully wear for the upcoming rally that he frequented.
    Majority of the proceeds would go to his family and loved ones. I'm putting it out there and hopefully it gets picked up by others.
    Maybe we can do this...just a thought.

Feedback?
    If you think routine maintenance is expensive,... Try Ignorance!

Comment

• I'm in for the above idea.

Tok

Comment

Hey everyone.. I would like to suggest something and hopefully it can get picked up by the mods, admin, and everyone else. Maybe instead of sending flowers, we can do a sale that would benefit his family and loved ones. Maybe we can sell a t-shirt which features the above banner (with permission from Tom) and the two poems recently posted ( the Robert Frost poem that was part of his avatar and the poem Nero posted from Marc's site) on the front or back or both.
        I think that would be a fitting tribute for a person who seemed to have touched a lot of people. We can probably sell off two versions of this, one for now that everyone who is doing the local tribute ride thing can wear and another version that we could respectfully wear for the upcoming rally that he frequented.
        Majority of the proceeds would go to his family and loved ones. I'm putting it out there and hopefully it gets picked up by others.

Feedback?

Great Idea

Comment

Feedback?
          For the moment, We aren't planning to do anything. We will do SOMETHING when Paula releases the details of any memorial services. PLEASE respect her wishes on this matter. I have had A LOT of contacts this week, and I'm asking that people just stand by for the moment.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

• I can honestly say I am in shock. When I think of this site there are few names that come to mind instantly, the first one always being Cyberpoet. If you had a question, he had an answer - usually within the first 10 minutes of your post! In fact in trying to find this very thread I typed in his name and about 1,000 new threads came up saying “Thank you CyberPoet”. I will remember him as always contributing to this site and generally looking out for motorcyclist alike – he was the very foundation of Kat Riders and what it stands for.
            Last month when I was in my accident he was one of the first people to reach out and privately message me to cheer me up. Although I never had the pleasure of meeting him personally, I found his gestures to be sincere and simply put he was a really nice guy. In fact, when I mentioned this news to my boyfriend just now he actually knew of “CyberPoet from the bike forum”, so he truly touched more lives than he knew.
            It’s eerie to see that he made his last post on here just hours before his accident. This is truly a tragedy. My heart goes out to everyone on this forum who knew him on a more personal level, his family and friends. Marc, you will certainly live on through us on this website and through our stories that we were lucky enough to experience with you. Hope you’re in a better place now.

Rest in peace.

Comment

• Just seeing this now, so bummed.

I picked up a Katana last summer after not riding for 20 years. The first parts I ever bought for my bike were from CyberPoet. Nearly everything I learned about this bike were from reading his posts here. Thanks for all the knowledge CP, you will be missed.
              1995 Suzuki Katana GSX750F

Comment

• This site has lost a great wealth of information and this world has lost a great man.

RIP Brother.

Comment

• Originally posted by allblackkat View Post
                  Just to tell everyone how much this guy was revered on this forum...

We all pitched in and helped pay for a motorcycle to replace his stolen Katana...

That kinda stuff doesn't happen to just anyone... This man was a really great guy, and I miss him already...

=-=
                  That speaks volumes. I never knew that. It's sad to think that from here on out any new member will not even be able to recall what Kat Riders was like with CyberPoet around. Man, for those new people, you missed out.

Malloc, hope you're doing OK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post

Malloc, hope you're doing OK.
                    Funny you said that, I was just thinking the very same thing.......Van, we're all here for ya man!
                    THE DOC
                    RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                    Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                    mistake when you make it again.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                      It really does put things in perspective. I've spent a good deal of my life on 2 wheels, but Marc had exponentially more miles under his belt... We have a habit of always looking down our nose at accidents. We assume they are a squid, or a newbie. Maybe it's just our way to not be afraid, to not accept our own mortality..... but we should. None of us are immune. All you can do is be as safe as you can.

I feel like it was just yesterday (though it wasn't) that Enjay went down, and Marc agreed with me that if it's possible for you to give up riding, you should. This is why. It's something that we all like/love to do, but these are the risks that we take. I won't tell you not to take them, but at least be honest about what you are doing. And consciously decide whether or not it's worth it.

HS2020- Big up for you. You and I don't always get along, but it's nice of you to unban Chris for the occasion.
                      Loudnlow - Thanks for that link. I think that sums up CP. Other then a few jokes and questions back and forth, I barely knew the guy and he had the heart to repair my bike and sent a friend over to my home to fulfill any needs I might have. Such a sad day for KR.

Comment

• Wow, I'm not much of a regular anymore, so I'm a little late with the sympathies. We will all miss you buddy! Make a man think.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
                          It's sad to think that from here on out any new member will not even be able to recall what Kat Riders was like with CyberPoet around.

Doesn't need to be so...at least from the perspective of helping others. We can always do a little bit more for each other and noobs.
                          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

• Originally posted by Nero View Post
                            Doesn't need to be so...at least from the perspective of helping others. We can always do a little bit more for each other and noobs.
                            Also, although he can no longer answer questions directly, his spirit lives on through the search button.
                            Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

• Originally posted by HexKrak View Post
                              Also, although he can no longer answer questions directly, his spirit lives on through the search button.
                              Very true.We all will miss him
                              1990 Kat 750 GSXR750 cams Barnetts clutch kit Yoshimura full exhaust

Comment

• So last night I was planning on an early bedtime as I had a presentation to make at work today for Customers and after market support. I clicked on KR planning on spending just a few minutes before I hit the rack. It was then that I saw the banner. I thought; What??? So I clicked it...Spent the next couple of hours reading all 30 pages of this thread in disbelief! Early sleep didn't happen as I was glued to read all of the replies.

I know I haven't offered a whole lot to the site over the last couple of years, but have gained untold volumes of valuable knowledge through the many members here. BUT, the one with whom I learned the most was the Cyber Poet! Hell, enough so that even being a member of KR just a few short months, I donated to the new / used Kat for him through Katana Soldier's post.

I had never done anything like that before but CP's help and insight on the board compelled me to do so. I felt that the knowledge I gained from him in that short while was priceless so $10 would be a cheap "gesture". Like always though, CP wasn't about to let a good deed go un-noticed. He sent me a link for his book download, that I immediately downloaded and studied like the Katana bible that it is.

But anyway, I never met the man in person, but his death is really wigging on me. Not hard to figure out why, but wigging on me nonetheless. I have had many friends and relatives that have passed, including (2) siblings and my Mother, but I had warning with them as they were in bad health before passing. CP, no warning...

Here I am now thinking about my own mortality. I have been riding motorcycles since I was 10 years old with a (8) year break during my childrens young years. When I stopped riding, I preserved my 93 Honda ST1100 because I knew that one day I would return to riding. I picked up riding again in 2006 and then in 2007, I purchased my K4 Katana for a commuter. I've loved every minute of it since.

Back to wigging; mortality - I know and have always known that a majority of bike riders will go down sometime in their life. I am 50 years old now and never have. With (2) childeren left in the house and an elderly Father dependant on me, I'm thinking damn. If a passionate / experienced rider like CP paid the ultimate price, maybe I should reconsider my stance on riding with the responsibility I carry with me on a daily basis. So, I'm now thinking that I need to take a break once again from riding until my "dependents" are no longer dependent on me before I ride again! Based on CP's advice given to Enjay after her spill, I know CP would'nt argue with my assumption.

So, again, THANK YOU CP for being a powerful influence in my life!!!!!!!!!!!! You didn't pass in vain Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW...this is a quick reply with what is on my mind. Forgive me if I rambled / spelled anyones name wrong or butchered the English language / sentence structure because I don't want to go back and read this nor run a spell check... It is what it is...
                                It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

Working...
                                X