X
X

CYBER POET DIED tonight 9/20/09

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been purposely avoiding the site since i heard the news...Ride on my brother.
    This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
    BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

• Although i've never met you, from what everyone else is typing i can see that were an awesome dude. RIP Brother...

Comment

• Originally posted by Batgirl View Post
        Thats true Mojoe. Lesson to us all to tell people (more often) that they are appreciated.
        exactly BG. In fact, in light of this situation, I just told my bro how much I love him. He wants to use my bike this weekend to take his gf for a ride, and the the first thing that popped in my mind was my own spill at the gap, and what happened to CP. My bro hasn't ridden in years and tends to like speed....or used to anyway. He is a bit more mature now. Told he could use my bike...IF he promised to be careful. at first he assumed that it was just because I was worried about the bike....until I told him it was him I was concerned about. I will soend a restless weekend worrying about him for sure, but I can't just say no. I have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, first time told my bro that I loved him since...well, I don't really remember when. I think it was back in the early 80's after I shot him with a pellet gun and was afraid he was going to tell dad on me. I think there was another time in the early 90's when the two of us were at the bottom of a half gallon of rhum. I think we actually hugged that time.

but ya.....this is definitely a reminder to let those you love, know that you love them and appreciate them whenever you can.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

• I don't post on here often anymore either, so I just logged in today to discover this. I'm stunned.

I had the honor of meeting Marc once a year and a half ago. I was in Tampa and we had dinner. I had a similar experience to many here. When he asked, "so do you want to pick my brain?" it certainly came off as a little arrogant. Then again, so am I. The other thing was, he was still very likeable. He was generous in every way.

I was back in Tampa a few weeks ago, but it slipped my mind to give him a call. I deeply regret that. I would love to have been able to see him again.

I purchased many things from him over the years, that Ohlins shock is still the coolest thing to put on a Kat. I've also gotten helpful advice from him more often than I can count. Without him, I might still be fumbling around in the dark trying to figure out why the damn bike wont run instead of enjoying it like I do. I guess that's the biggest complement I can give. Not ony did he love riding, he enhanced my love of riding more than he could have known.

Comment

• Rest in peace CYBERPOET. You will be missed by all.
            I would like to extend my heartfelt condolences to Marc's friends and family.
            Last edited by bubonmove1; 09-23-2009, 12:12 PM.
            TAKE A CHECK UP FROM THE NECK UP BEFORE YOU SADDLE UP!!

Comment

• Whose woods these are I think I know.
              His house is in the village, though;
              He will not see me stopping here
              To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
              To stop without a farmhouse near
              Between the woods and frozen lake
              The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
              To ask if there is some mistake.
              The only other sounds the sweep
              Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
              But I have promises to keep,
              And miles to go before I sleep,
              And miles to go before I sleep.

- Robert Frost
              "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

• I feel sick.

Seeing the memorial banner at the top of the site after not having logged in for a few days immediately sent chills down my spine. I've never met Marc in person, never shook his hand or even seen pictures of his face until this morning, but I (like many others on this site) could feel the warmth and charm of his character in his ever helpful, detailed, and insightful posts.

Even as someone who did not really know Marc, I felt he represented a man who deserved your respect but gave you his first. For me, he represented the type of mature rider and man that it is noble to aspire to replicate. He was an advocate for safe and fun riding, a talented mechanic and engineer, and an entrepreneur who seemed to put community and quality over high profit margins.

I recall reading a post from Marc in the “Random Thought Thread” where he spoke of surgery but gave few details, and I remember assuming he was in an accident and thinking – “My goodness, if someone as experienced as Marc can get in a serious accident then surely I will too”. I ordered a back protector that day but was comforted to later hear that his surgery was not related to an accident -- My internalized idea that the responsible rider was not subject to the same statistical probability of injury was allowed to live on.

Today, reading the brief news article and the sad retelling of Marc’s last ride leaves me with a haunting feeling of mortality – If a man, so good, so kind, so knowledgeable, so helpful, so respectful, so honest, and so mature could be taken from this world in a freak instant, then what hope is there for the rest of us who would stand eclipsed in his shadow?

This is truly a tragedy.
                Last edited by Sounder600; 09-23-2009, 03:25 PM.
                /ˈpjuːdʒɪt/ sounder
                The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.
                ...and miles to go before I sleep.
                - The Cyberpoet (RIP 9/20/09)

Comment

• Thanks for posting the entire poem, VifferJim. Very good tribute, I think.
                  "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

• Wow. I found a thread about this over on KawiForums. The Katana has been gone about a year, but I still check in here from time to time. Marc was such a fount of knowledge on these machines, yet willing to help with the most mundane questions. I don't think I ever saw the first mean spirited post from CyberPoet. I know that while searching out info when I first started modding and wrenching on my Kat, if I read something CP said, it was law as far as I was concerned.

KatRiders will indeed be a different place without CyberPoets continued input, but his prescence will carry on in all the many threads he posted in, as well as in the hearts and minds of many a Kat rider.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and close friends. Given how I feel about this, I can't even imagine the impact it has had on those close to him.

R.I.P. - Pegs down my brother.
                    -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
                    -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

• Posted by Marc on his website. Also very appropriate.
                      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

• Has anyone put togeather anything for sending flowers to the funeral home ECT.. This may sound like it's none of my buisness, but maybe instead of a headstone, a Statue or something?
                        If you think routine maintenance is expensive,... Try Ignorance!

Comment

• Wow. I really haven't posted on here since I wrecked my Kat, but this absolutely crushes me to hear. CP was a huge help to me when I was modding the Kat last year, and nicely smacking me around when I needed it. If it wasn't for his insight and his writeups I wouldn't have known how to do 1/4 the things I did on my own to her, and wouldn't be nearly as confident as I am now to hold a wrench.

RIP Marc, and thanks for everything. My seat on the 600RR is always open for you.

Comment

• Hey everyone.. I would like to suggest something and hopefully it can get picked up by the mods, admin, and everyone else. Maybe instead of sending flowers, we can do a sale that would benefit his family and loved ones. Maybe we can sell a t-shirt which features the above banner (with permission from Tom) and the two poems recently posted ( the Robert Frost poem that was part of his avatar and the poem Nero posted from Marc's site) on the front or back or both.
                            I think that would be a fitting tribute for a person who seemed to have touched a lot of people. We can probably sell off two versions of this, one for now that everyone who is doing the local tribute ride thing can wear and another version that we could respectfully wear for the upcoming rally that he frequented.
                            Majority of the proceeds would go to his family and loved ones. I'm putting it out there and hopefully it gets picked up by others.
                            Maybe we can do this...just a thought.

Feedback?
                            -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
                            sigpic

Comment

• I love the idea completely awsome!!!!
                              Gravity works 100% of the time.

Comment

• R.I.P. You WILL BE MISSED

I have not been on here too long, but did have the chance to Ride with and meet Cyber and he was a great man personally. He was always helpful on here to me. I remember he answered many questions of mine when I first got my '06 Kat. You will be missed man!
                                R.I.P. CYBERPOET

***WE WILL RIDE TOGETHER AGAIN ONE DAY***

Comment

Working...
                                X