X

CYBER POET DIED tonight 9/20/09

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +10 on the banner whoever created it.
    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

• RIP Cyber/ youll be missed
      2007 KSSS Dropout!

Comment

• I still have a hard time thinking that hes no longer going to make another post to some thread with a ton of info. I rode all day today "Pegs down" and will do so again tomorrow. Unfortunately life is just like that, Here today, gone tomorrow. So many people would have wanted to say thanks for this and that. On the internet its real easy to forget to do so. I notice I do it a lot, but IRL in person, or in direct email response I always try to say Thanks. Even if it means nothing to the other person.

So once again, Thanks Marc for all the help. You changed more people's thinking than you realized. ** While also on the "Thanks" note, Thanks to the management for allowing Chris to be unbanned so he could pay his respects as well. **

I also posted notice of Marc's passing on GixxerNation.com. So far one other person has said they knew Marc back in the KP days. http://gixxernation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7365

Mojoe, I think thats a great idea also about some sort of online thing so we also could pay our respects. However I would say that it might be held as a thread for a day rather than in the shoutbox. This way everyone from the forum could log in during that day sometime to pay their respects and not blow up bandwidth trying to all log in during certain hours. However with just one rule applied. To please only post once for each person so the thread doesn't become overdrawn with multiple posts adding something they remembered later and wanted to add. could be to a separate thread. This way theres a permanent list on everything said through all the pages, Unlike the SB that items scroll off after so many lines. Everyone would get a chance to say their goodbyes and Paula would also be able to read and respond as she felt.

What say you management on this idea of a specific thread that will open at midnight and close the following midnight. 24 hours to allow for last respects to be observed?

P.S. I just noticed Anoucka was banned. Didn't know she was banned to begin with, But since Kwebbel, her dad and Marc were good friends, and Marc paid his respects to her dad.... Maybe < hint >someone could let her know so she could return the respects?

Thanks
        Last edited by Newbie2it; 09-22-2009, 11:49 PM.
        If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
        Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

• I like so many other members, am just in total disbelief. A man that created a legend, a legacy for this site, he was one of many members who kept things interesting, and one of few who continuously contributed to this site. The news hit me through another member who rides with me, i am just a few days behind in logging in and paying my respects, really just because I was hoping it was a joke in bad taste. CP you will be missed sincerely, and may you have your bike of choice and many curvy roads up there. Again, Thanks CP. You helped so many people continue to do what they loved, learn what they didnt want to, and finish when they were stalled. You were a good guy, and will always be remembered.
          Currently Riding:
          1995 Katana 600
          V&H Exhaust
          Jet Kit

SOLD
          2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
          1987 XV700 Bobber
          REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

• Someone should get in touch with KatanaSoldier. I know he hasn't been on KR in a while, but I think he might appreciate an email.
            JMHO
            -
            -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Londob5 View Post
              Someone should get in touch with KatanaSoldier. I know he hasn't been on KR in a while, but I think he might appreciate an email.
              JMHO

Man, I think we were separated at birth! I was just thinking that.
              sigpic

Comment

• This is still depressing .
                sigpic

RIP CP
                50th Anniv R6
                95 Katana 600
                http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

Someone should get in touch with KatanaSoldier. I know he hasn't been on KR in a while, but I think he might appreciate an email.
                  JMHO

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                  Man, I think we were separated at birth! I was just thinking that.
                  I was already trying to see if I could find some info that would help me locate him since hes not that far from me. Sheesh, you two were reading my mind. He went MIA 2/2/08 in the am. Hes not posted since, So that leaves me two questions/choices since I don't have any contact info for him other than a name. Hes either dead/and or ****ed at the furor raised on his forward efforts to get the "Donate to Malloc and CP fund" thread going and catching a lot of flack for it and just didn't bother to return. Original thread here: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=76967 which was locked on 1/19/08 in the am.

Bedford's just a little jog up the road from me, But without more than just a screen name.... I can't do much to contact him. He simply never came back to the site and logged in after that date, to which, to me, means he might not be with us any longer. Sorta how I would disappear from here since no one would know to contact anyone on here if I had an accident.
                  Last edited by Newbie2it; 09-23-2009, 01:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

• Rest In Peace cp my sincerest condolences to his family.
                    sigpic
                    "TIME FLYS SO LIVE LIFE FAST"
                    { = X = }

Comment

• Try sending him a PM. I would, but he and I really didn't see eye to eye all the time. For something as important as this, I wouldn't want our relationship to be the factor that makes him delete the email and miss a chance to come together over this tragedy.
                      -
                      -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

• I absolutely LOVE the banner. Huge hugs, kisses and kudos to whoever made the banner.

So here is my question to the person who made the banner...Are we able to use that banner to put on our personal sites with the credit to you? Or can you make a banner similar to the one that is being displayed. i would like to display it on a couple of my pages in remeberance of Marc. If not....totally understandable.

Even after a couple days...all of this still doesn't seem real. *sniff*
                        KARA

I'm a whole lotta woman, but a whole lotta fun!

Comment

JMHO
                          I sent a PM to FASHER too, she hasn't been on in almost two weeks.
                          Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                          Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

• He was enthusiastic about all details of motorcycle ownership and riding, and obviously cared greatly about all kindred spirits. We all die eventually. I wish I had met the man before his passing. I am at least grateful I was able to experience his candor and contributions to this site.
                            Some people are primarily positive, others negative. Some argue about whether the glass is half full or half empty. Me? I drink the contents and call it empty.

Comment

Try sending him a PM. I would, but he and I really didn't see eye to eye all the time. For something as important as this, I wouldn't want our relationship to be the factor that makes him delete the email and miss a chance to come together over this tragedy.
                              I just did that. Since I had won the billet aluminum Master Brake cover, I am hopeful that maybe he remembers the screen name. I did email him around the time he disappeared and never got a reply to the email. This is worth a shot, So lets see if theres a responce.

However I got a gut feeling.

We will see.
                              Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by Char View Post
                                I absolutely LOVE the banner. Huge hugs, kisses and kudos to whoever made the banner.

So here is my question to the person who made the banner...Are we able to use that banner to put on our personal sites with the credit to you? Or can you make a banner similar to the one that is being displayed. i would like to display it on a couple of my pages in remeberance of Marc. If not....totally understandable.

Even after a couple days...all of this still doesn't seem real. *sniff*

Here's the link, Char.
                                I have no problems, whatsoever.

Just do a "right-click" thingy and save to your computer.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X