CYBER POET DIED tonight 9/20/09

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. CP thanks for all your help

Comment

• Just found out about cyber. He will be missed. I was down close to that area yesterday. Anyone knows if they will have a ride for him?

Comment

• my heart aches....
        Marc, though we were not close, we were friends and comrades... thank you for shepherding all those around you... Ride on Brother...
        sigpic

Comment

• rip cyberpoet
          sigpic

Comment

• R i p cp

Comment

• Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
              Marc Glasgow...aka: The Cyberpoet....it is almost impossible for me to put in words how I feel about this.

Since the days of KP, he has been a worthy adversary, a good friend, a jerk, a cool guy, anal retentive, generous...and a slew of other things...good and bad. It is called being human. He could speak words of wisdom, and he could also say things that just didn't go over all that well. Again, this is called being human.

In short, I waited many years to meet this guy. He was the one individual that drew me the most into attending a rally. and to be honest, I was expecting my chances of disliking him to be as good as liking him. I really didn't know what to expect.

Well, after meeting him, I can honestly say it was a privilege. There was so much more to him than what you saw on here. I was fortunate enough to have been able to spend the day with him, Paula and Arsenic, and it was nothing short of a great day with some really great down to earth people. We discussed everything from the plight of the Indians to pot....and Marc had an open mind to all of it. All his quirkiness and occasional "saying the wrong thing" aside, Marc was a stand up guy with a good heart. He had his "flaws" like anyone else, but the good in him outweighed that. It is no secret that quite a few on here just plain disliked him, and all I can say is that it is your loss for not looking deeper inside of him. If you did, I think you would have seen a man who stands up for his convictions, would have your back when needed, and would always be there to lend you a hand....and that in itself is a rare enough thing these days. He was real.

Marc, my old friend...we have butted heads together, we have agreed on many things...disagreed on many....shared many opinions, laughed together....fought each other, and played together. I will never forget that night you and I spent hours on the forum in that thread where we played the clowns....just you and I ...no one else on the forum. if only the members on here could have seen that side of you. It was hilarious. it must have taken us each 30 minutes of going back and deleting everything, and writing "edited for content". My only regret from that....I truly wish you didn't feel the need to delete it. I can understand why, but I really wish it could have stayed so that the members could have seen that side of you.
              You have one of the funniest and most perverted senses of humor I have ever seen, and I hope wherever you are now, you can freely express it.

I will miss you my old friend and adversary. KR will never be the same without you. Regardless of just what kind of shoes you were wearing, no one will be able to fill them. They are unique to you alone. RIP my 2 wheelin' brother. It was a privilege to have met you. May God's speed be with you.

note: my apologies to those who may feel a bit uncomfortable about some of the things I may have said. it is not my intentions to make anyone feel uncomfortable. I just think Marc has donated and dedicated enough time to this "family" that he deserves the highest respect and sincerity. He was concerned about the well being of everyone on here, including those he knew darn well didn't care for him all that much. That says a hell of a lot about a man, and I have to admit that makes him a better man than me in that regard, because I couldn't have done it.

And to you Paula....my highest condolences. My heart goes out to you, and all family members. if there is ANYTHING I can do, just say the word.

Well said Mojoe. Very well said. I wasn't able to express some of that earlier, but I feel like you were able to for me. Thank you.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

• WOW! Just a reminder to appreciate every day you have and not take it for granted. RIP CP
                Last edited by kevin2502000; 09-21-2009, 07:48 PM.
                Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

• Wow ...... Just, Wow ........
                  The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

• Originally posted by zuma View Post
                    I have no doubt...but when I see a turtle these days, I'll know his spirit is smiling at me. If you don't understand, that's okay.
                    We were on a group ride yesterday, and one of the first things we saw was a turtle sitting in the middle of the road...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

• RIP...feeling kind of stunned and numb and I didn't even know him...

Comment

• Just got the call from Jimmy(HS2020). This is truely a sad day for Katriders regardless if you knew Marc or not. Marc will be missed greatly whether you are looking for answers to a question or if your like me and would read his answers to someones question so you could laugh at just how long and detailed the answer was.
                        One of my favorite memories is Marc telling us at this year's rally that he got his new modular helmet because he could smoke while he rode. The next day our group was eating lunch and looked out the window and Marc was at the redlight smoking with his helmet on, pretty funny sight to see.

RIP

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

• R.I.P. CP-Have read many of your posts to find answers to all of my "newbie" questions...

Comment

• wow im in shock too that is crazy to hear someone on here as helpful as him is gone. . . . R.I.P mi thoughts go to him and family

Comment

• Marc Glasgow

Unbelieveable Sad news. Condolences to his family.

Comment

• RIP CyberPoet. Thank you for all your help.

I just ordered some thing from him a couple of weeks ago. It really feels unreal.

Comment

Working...
                                X