X

CYBER POET DIED tonight 9/20/09

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk about a punch in the gut .

Marc you were one of the originals with us back on KP and you made the transition to KR and have been friends with so many of us over the years. You will be missed greatly dude, rest in peace

There have been countless memories that many of us can recall now over the years at Rally's as well as just posting on the forums with him. Marc was an eccentric soul to say the least, always outspoken and ready with quick whit but on the same token was always there to help out a fellow rider no matter how small or how big the task. His contributions to his fellow Katana riders are well documented but for those of us that knew him, regardless of how much, the loss of a friend goes well beyond 2 wheels.

Ride the skies CP.....

Comment

• Marc Glasgow...aka: The Cyberpoet....it is almost impossible for me to put in words how I feel about this.

Since the days of KP, he has been a worthy adversary, a good friend, a jerk, a cool guy, anal retentive, generous...and a slew of other things...good and bad. It is called being human. He could speak words of wisdom, and he could also say things that just didn't go over all that well. Again, this is called being human.

In short, I waited many years to meet this guy. He was the one individual that drew me the most into attending a rally. and to be honest, I was expecting my chances of disliking him to be as good as liking him. I really didn't know what to expect.

Well, after meeting him, I can honestly say it was a privilege. There was so much more to him than what you saw on here. I was fortunate enough to have been able to spend the day with him, Paula and Arsenic, and it was nothing short of a great day with some really great down to earth people. We discussed everything from the plight of the Indians to pot....and Marc had an open mind to all of it. All his quirkiness and occasional "saying the wrong thing" aside, Marc was a stand up guy with a good heart. He had his "flaws" like anyone else, but the good in him outweighed that. It is no secret that quite a few on here just plain disliked him, and all I can say is that it is your loss for not looking deeper inside of him. If you did, I think you would have seen a man who stands up for his convictions, would have your back when needed, and would always be there to lend you a hand....and that in itself is a rare enough thing these days. He was real.

Marc, my old friend...we have butted heads together, we have agreed on many things...disagreed on many....shared many opinions, laughed together....fought each other, and played together. I will never forget that night you and I spent hours on the forum in that thread where we played the clowns....just you and I ...no one else on the forum. if only the members on here could have seen that side of you. It was hilarious. it must have taken us each 30 minutes of going back and deleting everything, and writing "edited for content". My only regret from that....I truly wish you didn't feel the need to delete it. I can understand why, but I really wish it could have stayed so that the members could have seen that side of you.
      You have one of the funniest and most perverted senses of humor I have ever seen, and I hope wherever you are now, you can freely express it.

I will miss you my old friend and adversary. KR will never be the same without you. Regardless of just what kind of shoes you were wearing, no one will be able to fill them. They are unique to you alone. RIP my 2 wheelin' brother. It was a privilege to have met you. May God's speed be with you.

note: my apologies to those who may feel a bit uncomfortable about some of the things I may have said. it is not my intentions to make anyone feel uncomfortable. I just think Marc has donated and dedicated enough time to this "family" that he deserves the highest respect and sincerity. He was concerned about the well being of everyone on here, including those he knew darn well didn't care for him all that much. That says a hell of a lot about a man, and I have to admit that makes him a better man than me in that regard, because I couldn't have done it.

And to you Paula....my highest condolences. My heart goes out to you, and all family members. if there is ANYTHING I can do, just say the word.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

• I am just thankful that he was a member and a friend to the people of this forum. May he Rest In Peace and Comfort be given to his friends and especially his family.... Prayers Sent...
        Talk about droppin your bike.... How about droppin it off the trailer bringing it home from the dealer with 1 mile on it.. Yep that's me...

Comment

• Wow, too much of this- RIP Cyberpoet. This really hits me harder than it probably should, as I have never met him. However, I just got through having a service at my place for a good friend that died on his bike Sept 4th.

Stay safe out there guys and gals. I don't like these kinds of threads.

Comment

• Our leader is gone ..........with tears rolling down my face this is one sad day for the KR family ......dam it ...RIP CP

Comment

• Originally posted by Shipster View Post
              Zuma, I'm glad you put the pic up. Would be great if anyone else who has pics of him could put them up - many of us who didn't get to meet him in person would appreciate getting to see the face that was behind all the great posts and PMs. Always wanted to see what a genius looked like!
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

• nice pic Matt...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

• RIP ... Another good soul taken too soon.
                  Scotty Doesn't Know ...Scotty Doesn't Know.. Don't Tell Scotty

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky View Post
                    guess it's all up to paula and the family .. but the pillar of a local forum died riding about 2 years ago ... I couldn't make it but about 200 bikes went to his funerals in the pouring rain and made the biggest smoke show in front of the funeral home ...
                    So no chad it's not in bad taste if the family agrees.
                    No I don't think this is in bad taste at all. I think that's how he would have wanted it to be. This is what most of the local sportsbike club do to show love when a memeber is gone. They usually ride from the funeral home to burial ground.
                    -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
                    sigpic

Comment

• wow....just wow....i just lost another practically family mrember on labor day, and now this....and i even just PMd him last night with a question....

theres been too many people leaving our world recently....its almost too much for anyone to take anymore

pegs down for you brother, pegs down.....:'(

Comment

• Oh no. I don't know what to say. I never meet you face to face yet I still feel like I knew you. Your knowledge helped me out many times in the past. You will be sorely missed Marc. I'll send up a prayer for you. The world will be a much darker place without you in it. :'(

Comment

• Absolutely crushing for anyone who had any contact whatsoever with CP. I always waited for his response to any post I made because let's face it, he knew what the hell he was talking about. He RULED this site, no question. Sorely missed doesn't begin to describe our loss friends. As the days go on, we will begin to realize how much he is missed here. Pegs down Marc.............

Comment

• R.I.P. CP. You will be greatly missed.

Comment

• I can still see him standing by the grill at the Treetops cooking those countless steaks that he brought up for everybody. Watching him take a corner and get those toes down so far you'd swear his foot was going to just fly right off if he hit a bump in the road or just sitting around drinking a beer listening to his stories. As much as he sometimes drove you nuts or you listened to him stick his foot in his mouth allbeit unintentionally, you could never discount his knowledge, passion, or his genuine concern for his fellow riders in every aspect. Friend, Rider, Boardmate, you will be missed man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nero View Post
                                I've now given this some thought and I've something to say:

If you attempted to define and encapsulate motorcycling as a way of life, you'd not be wrong to use Marc's name. When I first met Marc in person at the rally, it was an awkward moment. Marc could come-off very brash (and he would be the first to admit it), yet he was a very deep person too. The words we first shared at the rally were in direct contrast to his actions. For the rest of the rally, he continued to impress me as a man that cared deeply for others. As I believe actions speak louder than words, it is those actions that will forever define Marc to me. So, though the first time I met Marc was odd, it is charity of the man that truly stands out in my mind. It is my belief that who you are is defined by what you leave behind in hearts and minds.

I fairly assess my posts on this forum as large in number yet little in substance. -Largely self-humoring in nature. Yet, it seems to me that most every one of the 26,000+ posts that Marc made were rich in information and often deep in thought. He was an excellent researcher. If Marc didn't know the answer to your question, he would get it for you. To the uninitiated, it may have seemed that he sought accolades for having done so, though I never saw any evidence that he wanted other than to be kind. When Marc heard that I was having heating problems associated with my medical condition, he bought me a bandana to help keep my head cool. -Now bandanas are not my thing but I appreciated the thought and I still have it. I'm going to tie it around my handlebars when I get home to remind me to remain safe when I riding and helpful when I'm not.

There is simply no way to replace Marc. I will really miss him as a cyber-friend and a fellow enthusiast of this hobby. My pegs are down and I am truly humbled by this monumental loss. I cannot...do not...want to see a KR without him. I can only hope we can do this forum justice by carrying his memory, and helping each other.

Marc: Rest in peace my friend. You have earned it.
                                Well said Darrin. Thanks for sharing.

Marc was a very generous person with a kind heart, Often times I believe his intentions were misunderstood. He didn't do things for the attention like some might have believed, he did it out of the kindness of his heart.

Marc, spent thousands upon thousands of hours helping people on this site with their problems, on their bikes, in their lives, however he thought that he could help. Many of these people he had never met, yet, he would go out of his way to help you. Why??? Because he was a good person. You may not always have agreed with each other, but he would be the FIRST person to step up and try to help.

People are always too busy nowadays and many look out for numero uno. Other peoples problems are not their problems. If everyone would just take a fraction of the time to help others as Marc has, this world would be a much better place.

Marc has left his mark, right here, as well as in many others lives around the world.

Thank you Marc for everything you have done.
                                2007 Honda CBR600rr
                                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X