Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Intro from Fayetteville, NC! Where is a good mechanic?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro from Fayetteville, NC! Where is a good mechanic?

Well hello ya'll. I'm stationed here at Fort Bragg, NC and wanted to say thanks for all of the great posts. I recently purchased a 93 katana 600 and have put quite a bit of work in it so far. New gas (with seafoam), oil + filter, plugs, replaced starter solenoid, replaced fuse box, just rebuilt the petcock, replaced a coil, and cleaned the carbs. I also had a 'shade-tree' mechanic supposedly clean the carbs as well but I don't think he is very reliable. I'm curious if anyone knows of any competent mechanics in the area around the Fayetteville area. This is my first bike. It will bog out and die a few minutes after I finally get it running and will not start again. I pull the plugs and clean them because they are usually filthy. I put another new set of plugs after everything the other day and it didn't make a difference. I did expose the a/f screws and backed them all out 2.5 turns (It has a Yoshimura exhaust, slip on I believe). It has stock air filter. I also visually synched the butterflies to expose half of forward holes because they were quite uneven. I ran it around the blocks a few times today before it sputtered out and died on me again. Pushed it home and plan on checking spark plugs again tomorrow. Just noticed a slight leak in carb 4 so I'm going to figure that one out as well. I know that the vacuum o-rings need replaced on them so that will be my first check. At this point I'm sure it's safe to say I need to resort to the carbs 101 post and do my best with it. I have a can of carb cleaner and an air compressor so I should be G2G. Just have to muster up the balls to do it! Sorry if my post is long and thanks again for your posts!
    A.J.

Welcome to KR! Thank you for your service to country. You'll find some great advice and help here.
    ~Rachel

Hope, like the gleaming taper's light,
    Adorns and cheers our way;
    And still, as darker grows the night,
    Emits a brighter ray. ~Oliver Goldsmith (1730 - 1774)

What doesn't kill me, makes me stronger.

Comment

welcome to KR!
      "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Good luck on the project. If you have the time to DIY, go for it.

Comment

Welcome to KR! This site is awesome
          "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome!
              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KR
                THE DOC
                RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                mistake when you make it again.
                sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR.

Comment

Welcome! Ride safe
                    2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                    2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Welcome to KR fellow Soldier. I spent about 10 years at Bragg myself and can't seem to get the Army to send me back there. I also own a 93 600 Katana. If it has a Yoshimura exhaust on it on only one side, you have an aftermarket "full system". The pre-98 Kats came with dual exhaust from the factory. I wish I knew of any good bike mechanics in the area to send you to, but I do all my own work. The only Suzuki shop I know of that I ever dealt with was down Bragg Boulevard next to Cape Fear Harley Davidson. But with some patience and the people on here we can get you doing it yourself in no time.

OH... and welcome to the best darn Katana site and forum for that matter you will ever belong to.
                      Last edited by Court93kat; 08-11-2009, 04:25 PM.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                      who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

TY sir. The yoshi is on one side. I do plan on attempting the carb rebuild in the near future. Just have to make time with everything going on! Nice lookin' bike you have there. Thanks again for the welcome.

Comment

Welcome to KR!

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                            1999 Katana 750

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                              Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

Working...
                              X