X

1993 Katana 1100 cc...Good Deal???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Katana 1100 cc...Good Deal???

Brand new to cycling. I have a chance to purchase a 1993 Katana 1100cc for around $3,000. The bike has 10,000 miles on it with its 2nd owner. Clean title, never wrecked, in the shop getting carb cleaned.

Is this a good deal? [NADA list perfect condition bikes at $2,650]
    How much is it worth?

Thanks for the input...

Welcome to KR. 3000 seems kind of high.

Comment

Welcome to KR!

I think 3K is too high for that..
      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

a little too high definately....

and welcome to KR!
        Last edited by voodoobilly; 07-31-2009, 10:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Welcome KR. I would offer the guy 2300

Comment

I'd offer $1800 so the guy will meet you half-way. Mojoe would be even more agressive on the bidding and offer about $5.
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KR!! Unless it's fairly modified,that is just a little too steep....

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=107018844
              http://www.youtube.com/user/neoshifter

Genesis 9:6
              Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed......RIP Daniel A. Mguire,you'll always be in my heart brother.

Comment

Thanks for the advice and the welcomes. I looked all over the net for 1100cc kats to compare asking prices and couldn't find any, where should I be looking?

Comment

Check the mirrors, and check the windscreen on the bike. From what I understand, those are the two items on that bike that break most often, and are nigh-impossible to get replacement parts for.

For a bike that old... start with $1500. Don't forget that even with 10k miles on it, you are looking AT LEAST needing a new set of tires, chain, and sprockets since those are most likely too old to consider safe.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I feel the swoosh of Mojoe 'neakin' in to swipe it for about $2.50.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

The seller is my wife's uncle and he says that all that has been completed. He's getting the carb cleaned right now. He said I could ride it before I make up my mind.

This would be my first bike ever...is it too much bike for my 1st one??? I plan on taking the MSF course before buying anything.

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                        Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

Welcome to KR.

Comment

Welcome to KR!

Comment

Welcome! Personally I feel like that is a bit much for a first bike...

I personally started on a GS500, which I though was a great starter bike. A kat600 might not be bad or an SV650 would be really nice but a but larger for many people.

This is just my opinion though, I've talked with plenty of people that have started on big bikes...

Comment

Working...
                              X